Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am wondering if I can achieve 300hp+ with my exhaust.

Focus ST MK3.5 ST250
Current mods:
Airtec intercooler
3"decat downpipe toyosports - 3" mid section with 16" length res and ready axle exhaust is oem 2.25" with back box delete.
NGK irridium spark plugs
GFB 60/40 recirc/blow off valve
Steeda manifold spacer
Mountune ulrated airfilter within an RS style airbox

One of the tuners I enquired with said that the 2.25" rear axle exhaust section which is OEM from factory with a back box delete could mean it might not get to 300hp? But then I see stage 2 advertised kits by PumaSpeed which is on the standard exhaust system with just a 3" decat or sports cat. Or I see 3" cat backs with standard cat on the same car achieving 300hp.

Please help?

Jezeky

·
Super Moderator
10,518 Posts
You could probably get 300 hp at the crank (which really requires removing the engine and using an engine dyno), but more realistically 260 to 270 hp at the wheels ( can easily be measured on a chassis dyno).

·
Registered
979 Posts
300HP is a stretch with the factory snail, exhaust isn't a restriction until high 300's. There's a handful of people on stock snails pushing 300 with wastegate full tilt and using e30.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
300HP is a stretch with the factory snail,
You could probably get 300 hp at the crank (which really requires removing the engine and using an engine dyno), but more realistically 260 to 270 hp at the wheels ( can easily be measured on a chassis dyno).
Appreciate the reply man. Yeah its crank. Standard its 247hp at the crank so I'm hoping for 300hp at the crank.
exhaust isn't a restriction until high 300's. There's a handful of people on stock snails pushing 300 with wastegate full tilt and using e30.
Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
783 Posts
TBH and excuse my language; pumaspeed is a real **** company and I advice everyone to stay well clear of them

Reactions: ddfred

·
Super Moderator
10,518 Posts
300HP is a stretch with the factory snail, exhaust isn't a restriction until high 300's. There's a handful of people on stock snails pushing 300 with wastegate full tilt and using e30.
He's in England, and they like to measure H.P. at the crank in Europe, which makes 300 doable. I don't know how they get their at the crank figures using a chassis dyno; I guess they extrapolate it somehow.

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST1
332 Posts
I hit the 300+ club on a Etune. Honestly it’s probably the most cost effective way to get them American ponies Roaring. Make sure to get a rear motor Mount my man. Lose that wheel hop!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's in England, and they like to measure H.P. at the crank in Europe, which makes 300 doable. I don't know how they get their at the crank figures using a chassis dyno; I guess they extrapolate it somehow.
We do a -12/15% of the crank and get a reasonably accurate estimate that way. For a 4 or 5 BHP innacuracy its negligible.
I hit the 300+ club on a Etune. Honestly it’s probably the most cost effective way to get them American ponies Roaring. Make sure to get a rear motor Mount my man. Lose that wheel hop!
Already got one broheem! I'm fully prepped haha I want a quaife lsd after I'm at 300hp crank so I can put power down even more.

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST1
332 Posts
We do a -12/15% of the crank and get a reasonably accurate estimate that way. For a 4 or 5 BHP innacuracy its negligible.

Already got one broheem! I'm fully prepped haha I want a quaife lsd after I'm at 300hp crank so I can put power down even more.
Hell yes!!! Feed your ecobeast some corn. **** is a game changer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts