Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it's possible to SAFELY achieve 300 whp on the stock turbo with a custom E30 tune. I'm currently running the flash E30 tune and would like a little more, but wasn't sure if it was worth the Custom tune cost.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was running their OTS e30 tune with FBO's and my numbers were 275whp/365wtq. I called Strat with the same question of, is your custom e30 tune going to SAFELY net me any more power? After they went through my logs the answer was basically no, while a custom tune could offer me more/better driveability options there was no more power to be had with my car/fuel.

Reactions: stupidgts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
There's only a couple guys on here that have managed to get 300 whp on the stock turbo and they had to do E85, aux fuel, and really push the little K03 to the limit, certainly not what most people are thinking when they say "safely". That being said, you I'm sure if you do a custom tune you will be happy with the additional power from the OTS tune.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I'm very happy with what I currently have but had to make sure I wasn't leaving anything "on the table" so to speak. Being my daily, I'm definitely content with what I have until I decide to go big turbo or RS. Thanks again!

Reactions: Twizzty

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am currently installing the aquamist kit, hopefully I will be super close to 300 with that! The goal is 300 but i would be super happy with 290. but you lose "safe" when you start modding your car :wink:

·
Vendor
2,561 Posts
You also need all your parts and environment to play nicely. That means cold air, sea level, and the best flowing parts you can throw at it. It can end up being expensive and you're at the mercy of mother nature to try and break 300 when you can really broaden the power band and easily exceed this with a big turbo upgrade.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the steeda complete intake, and the rest is all mountune from the turbo outlet to the exhaust tips except have the jbr cold side bov setup. E30 custom tune from stratified. Took a lot of 4th gear pulls and tweaking (keep things safe), but consistently putting down 285-295 whp and 370+ torque 4th gear pulls via virtual dyno (SAE). Great learning experience. But knowing what I know now, I would of just bought an efr full race kit with stratified custom tune and call it a day. Much more cost effective and a better turbo then ATP in my view for daily driving. Now I'm stuck with ATP for bt upgrade to utilize my boltons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.