Ford Focus ST Forum banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nope definitely not dead. We still have to get the mold made though. This is just the prototype.

So this was 07-16-2014.....?????

57772-3-gauge-center-pod-focusst-gaugepod2.jpg

It looks like an interesting design but will we ever see it for sale? :question:

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
You should just find a jr. high or highschool shop teacher and ask him or her to make a mold for ya, should be cheaper and schools have the supplies don't they?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Boz bros has pods out. They were selling them but had to stop due to demand and the turn around time it took to make them. Should be for sale again real soon

·
Registered
388 Posts
Boz bros has pods out. They were selling them but had to stop due to demand and the turn around time it took to make them. Should be for sale again real soon
That's a little optimistic. First batch hasn't even fully shipped yet and they said they don't know when the second batch will get started.

And I think the cp-e pod is better looking.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
We are still in search of a company that can create the mold at a decent price, BUT not sacrificing the quality. This is why this is taking so long. Creating the mold is VERY expensive
FYI, there is yet another company currently in the process of creating a gauge pod. I don't know what theirs looks like yet, but I think the cp-e one looks much better than the BB one. I hope you are able to work out the manufacturing issues soon. Also, I know you are only planning to release the pod, but if you include an option for a complete plug-n-play setup, I expect you would sell a lot more pods. I believe there are plenty of people out there that would like to have a better looking gauge pod, but don't want to deal with picking out gauges, installing sensors, and running wiring. Including these people would increase your pod volume and might make it easier to cut a manufacturing deal.

·
Registered
784 Posts
FYI, there is yet another company currently in the process of creating a gauge pod. I don't know what theirs looks like yet, but I think the cp-e one looks much better than the BB one. I hope you are able to work out the manufacturing issues soon. Also, I know you are only planning to release the pod, but if you include an option for a complete plug-n-play setup, I expect you would sell a lot more pods. I believe there are plenty of people out there that would like to have a better looking gauge pod, but don't want to deal with picking out gauges, installing sensors, and running wiring. Including these people would increase your pod volume and might make it easier to cut a manufacturing deal.
While the appeal may be their for a plug and play option that in turn hamstrings the end user to whatever gauges will read off the OEM sensors. I will be running Autometer ES series gauges with white backlighting as that is the closest to OEM gauge I have found. I will be running a mechanical boost gauge as that is the most accurate and the lighting issue most people seem to be encountering is very easily solved by running an Autometer dimmer.
Thing I find ironic is looking for a cost effective manufacturer that will not sacrifice quality but in turn the buyer gets to pay the premium price. I understand making a mold can be expensive, I also know it does not have to be astronomical either. Que sera sera.

·
Registered
237 Posts
We are still in search of a company that can create the mold at a decent price, BUT not sacrificing the quality. This is why this is taking so long. Creating the mold is VERY expensive
My company can do this for you.

echosupply.com

We work with many T-1 automotive suppliers.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
While the appeal may be their for a plug and play option that in turn hamstrings the end user to whatever gauges will read off the OEM sensors. I will be running Autometer ES series gauges with white backlighting as that is the closest to OEM gauge I have found. I will be running a mechanical boost gauge as that is the most accurate and the lighting issue most people seem to be encountering is very easily solved by running an Autometer dimmer.
Thing I find ironic is looking for a cost effective manufacturer that will not sacrifice quality but in turn the buyer gets to pay the premium price. I understand making a mold can be expensive, I also know it does not have to be astronomical either. Que sera sera.
My suggestion was for plug-n-play to be an OPTION for those that want it (at a higher price than just the pod of course). It is not an option I would take, but I'm sure there are plenty that would, depending on the price. By providing the option, the total volume of pods sold (standalone + plug-n-play) would be higher, and that may make it easier to cut a manufacturing deal for the pods.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I wouldn't even worry about this, other companies have already made this and the DIY version is also aesthetically appealing. Wanting to buy something based purely on the name, nope. Plus "if" it was to happen it wouldn't be released until 2016-2017...

·
Registered
557 Posts
My suggestion was for plug-n-play to be an OPTION for those that want it (at a higher price than just the pod of course). It is not an option I would take, but I'm sure there are plenty that would, depending on the price. By providing the option, the total volume of pods sold (standalone + plug-n-play) would be higher, and that may make it easier to cut a manufacturing deal for the pods.
We won;t be offering any plug and play option as there really isn't a way to do this. the OEM gauges are pretty inaccurate as they run off the ECU so values are skewed by a number of variables. They only real way to utilize the stock wiring is to make your own gauges to work with the ECU, decode the signal and rewrite the programming for it in order for the gauges to work which would yield a $2000+ plug and play unit.
If we offered aftermarket gauges with the pod, we would have to research which ones would be most accurate as well as which ones have the best price point. It would be better to give the consumer the option as to which gauges they want as well as color of the lighting as well as the price point for the gauges.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
We won;t be offering any plug and play option as there really isn't a way to do this. the OEM gauges are pretty inaccurate as they run off the ECU so values are skewed by a number of variables. They only real way to utilize the stock wiring is to make your own gauges to work with the ECU, decode the signal and rewrite the programming for it in order for the gauges to work which would yield a $2000+ plug and play unit.
If we offered aftermarket gauges with the pod, we would have to research which ones would be most accurate as well as which ones have the best price point. It would be better to give the consumer the option as to which gauges they want as well as color of the lighting as well as the price point for the gauges.
All valid points. Thanks for the reply. At any rate, I think the cp-e gauge pod looks the best, so hopefully a manufacturing deal will get worked out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Any update on this project? Rough timetable? I've been waiting with money in hand for the first vendor that'll finally put this out on the market for us

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am currently looking for this, but right hand drive (in Australia). Would be keen to see if they are done, although having been this long I imagine they have abandoned the idea.

141 - 160 of 161 Posts