·
Vendor
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P305/45R17 mickey thompson et street R 28.1 inch diameter

or

Hoosier dot radial

25.8 diameter 275/40/17

Need traction with big power, I prefer the mickey with the taller tire for more mph in each gear, but stock is 26 and that's 2.1 inches taller than stock. I'm on stock ride height. I don't mind cutting my fenders and going with flares if that's what it takes, but anyone know what the fitment would be like between these 2 tire sizes under the stock fender and stock ride height?

·
Registered
462 Posts
The 275/40/17 would have no fitment issues if you went with a rim with a Offset of +36 or smaller. The distance from wheel to the strut tower would be the same and the overall height would still clear the strut tower.

With the 305/45/17 you would need an offset of +20 or smaller to have the same distance from tire to strut, but the height, I do not know if it will clear the spring seat, you might have to go with a 0ET, or negative offset because of the strut spring mount, than you will need to cut the fender, or roll it a good bit.

Maybe some one who has mounted some super meat can chime in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.