Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did not have much luck finding out if this setup would fit when researching. Hopefully this thread can help others. My car rolled over 15,000 miles and the factory tires were shot. I had always wanted gold RPF1's and figured now was the time. Got the wheels from OAKOS and had them coated by a local shop. The wheels are 18x9 +35 Enkei RPF1 and the tires are 265x35x18 Pilot Super Sport. The slowst is currently on Yellow Speed coilovers. I did have to use a heat gun on the front inner fender liners in order to prevent rub. This is as low that it can go without pulling the feners in the back. Here are some pics.

20161111_221927.jpg
20161123_164131.jpg
20161125_145623.jpg
20161111_221811.jpg

They fit!!.. mostly!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Nice look. I am a fan of gold/bronze wheels, methinks those would look great on my TB. Not to mention moar traction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind words. The traction is definitely a needed improvement.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice fat meats, RPF's (along with TE-37's) are timeless, awesome, light wheels. Very well chosen and looks great on the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You're my hero! I saw this post a little while ago and just got my RPF1s and a set of 265 35 18 RE-71Rs mounted and on the car today. It looks awesome. Are you going to look into rolling or pulling the fenders at all. Also what suspension are you running and do you have any rubbing issues?

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is good news. I have a set of PSS 265/35 sitting in my garage waiting to go on my 18x9 +45s
So if you fit, I'll fit!

Looks great man :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Are you on stock height ?
You're my hero! I saw this post a little while ago and just got my RPF1s and a set of 265 35 18 RE-71Rs mounted and on the car today. It looks awesome. Are you going to look into rolling or pulling the fenders at all. Also what suspension are you running and do you have any rubbing issues?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
That is insane. I rubbed like crazy with 255/35/18 on some 18x9 RPF1's. Even with my coils maxed up in the rear and -2.7 camber. I have no paint right by the edge of my rear fenders. This is really impressive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's literally only a matter of time before you hit a bump and destroy your fender. It looks sick but you're probably going to want to do something about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
334 Posts
I did not have much luck finding out if this setup would fit when researching. Hopefully this thread can help others. My car rolled over 15,000 miles and the factory tires were shot. I had always wanted gold RPF1's and figured now was the time. Got the wheels from OAKOS and had them coated by a local shop. The wheels are 18x9 +35 Enkei RPF1 and the tires are 265x35x18 Pilot Super Sport. The slowst is currently on Yellow Speed coilovers. I did have to use a heat gun on the front inner fender liners in order to prevent rub. This is as low that it can go without pulling the feners in the back. Here are some pics.

They fit!!.. mostly!
Any rubbing issues or destroyed fenders yet to speak of, because I really like this size combo!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any rubbing issues or destroyed fenders yet to speak of, because I really like this size combo!
Had them on since my post earlier, no destroyed fenders yet but they do rub like a mofo under hard cornering. Looking into a set of coilovers that keep my ride height as close to stock as possible and still haven't gotten my fenders rolled yet. currently on stock suspension. The stock 235 eagle F1s didn't rub so I'm probably going to come down a size or two when its time to get new tires, unless I can get the issue solved completely with the fender roll/suspension combo. 20170228_073253.jpg . 20170228_073253.jpg

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I rubbed in front on stock tires with 18x9+38. I rolled the fenders and it still cut my side walls. Then I ruined my fenders while rolling them. So I'm on my second set of fenders. Before paint, I used my dremmel to cut the inner arch lip. So there isn't much structural integrity but I don't rub now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I edited the first post with new pictures. Thanks for the ride Photobucket lol.

To address the rub issue.. I have been on this setup for around 7K miles now. The only rub I get is the passenger side rear. Both tires on that side have the slightest bit of rub evidence, while the fender paint is fine.. so far. I rotate the tires often because of the aggressive camber in the rear. That camber is necessary to fit this setup. The only time the outside edge of the rear tire touches pavement is when cornering aggressively. If they touched, you are doing it right. HAHA this car is a lot of fun! I drive this car hard, everytime.

When this set of tires is done I will probably be going with smaller 255/245 so that I can lower it more. Although it may be hard to give up traction in the front. The wet performance has been great as well. Very impressed with the tires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts