Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took an hour and a half drive on a freeway and noticed I racked up 257 misfires, which were consistently spread out throughout the drive. What’s going on? Does this matter? And how can I fix this?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well, the first thing I would do is check the plugs and gaps. I get a handful of misfires on cold starts, which is normal for these DI engines. Are you getting misfires under load/boost/WOT?

·
Registered
195 Posts
From first hand experience I average about one misfire a minute, have checked plugs and that brought it down a little bit, pressure checked engine and everything was good. Never get them on WOT, in my experience and from reading other posts our cars don’t have something to regulate the misfires so they occur more often I forgot what the part was called but we don’t have it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the first thing I would do is check the plugs and gaps. I get a handful of misfires on cold starts, which is normal for these DI engines. Are you getting misfires under load/boost/WOT?
While cruising at 2.5k 6th gear 75 mph

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd definitely check out the plugs and gaps first. It's simple and free and can give you an answer right away, whether it is or isn't causing the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts