Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have some Fifteen52 Turbomacs on my car with 245/40/18 tires. When cornering or hitting harder bumps, my tires come in contact with the fender where there is a small sharp lip. This lip is cutting a groove into my sidewalls. Anyone know how to or know of anyone rolling the fenders on these cars, because I think it may be necessary for me.

Reactions: SFST14

·
Super Moderator
10,214 Posts
I seem to remember others either trimming that bit bending it up for clearance.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seem to remember others either trimming that bit bending it up for clearance.
I think i may go with the bending option. Might have to invest in a fender roller, the mustang fenders need some love too.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I think i may go with the bending option. Might have to invest in a fender roller, the mustang fenders need some love too.
Ballbat trick? Lol make a video if you do

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ballbat trick? Lol make a video if you do
No, Im high class, I use phonebooks.

But for real I will probably end up buying a legit roller that attaches to the hub. Either way, you know we will be recording it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
No, Im high class, I use phonebooks.

But for real I will probably end up buying a legit roller that attaches to the hub. Either way, you know we will be recording it.
I LOL'd hahaha. I just purchased (literally getting them put on Thursday I think) 245/40r18 MPSS tires...and don't want this to happen to my extremely expensive tires lol. Will probably be trying to roll mine just for some precaution.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I LOL'd hahaha. I just purchased (literally getting them put on Thursday I think) 245/40r18 MPSS tires...and don't want this to happen to my extremely expensive tires lol. Will probably be trying to roll mine just for some precaution.
Yeah this is cutting a nice trench into my similarly priced Comp 2s. But they are almost gone anyways.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just bought a full set of 245/40zr18 General G-Max that should be here tomorrow and just installed my H&R springs (rear only atm), guess I'm gonna be rolling too... how much is the roller?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Mine's doing the same thing on the drivers side. Very slightly though, but still enough I want to roll that stupid section that seems to have absolutely no purpose in life!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Where that small section is located, you guys don't think it could be tapped flatter out of the way a bit with a sheet metal hammer?? Not like the whole inner fender needs work, just that 2" section.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where that small section is located, you guys don't think it could be tapped flatter out of the way a bit with a sheet metal hammer?? Not like the whole inner fender needs work, just that 2" section.
If you are just getting a slight rub it could work. I dont like the idea of taking a hammer to my fenders though. Maybe just bend it up with a pair of pliers.

Also, fender rollers arent all that pricey. I wouldnt buy that amazon one as it is most likely cheaply made junk. Eastwood makes one for a similar price: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-eastwoo...Pbin2MrsIw6OXyMrdAZcfyi0x9qa2HZ4HEhoCAN_w_wcB

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
If you are just getting a slight rub it could work. I dont like the idea of taking a hammer to my fenders though. Maybe just bend it up with a pair of pliers.

Also, fender rollers arent all that pricey. I wouldnt buy that amazon one as it is most likely cheaply made junk. Eastwood makes one for a similar price: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-eastwoo...Pbin2MrsIw6OXyMrdAZcfyi0x9qa2HZ4HEhoCAN_w_wcB
A pair of pliers on your fender though sounds even more painful then tapping the inside of it with a hammer

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A pair of pliers on your fender though sounds even more painful then tapping the inside of it with a hammer
**Pliers wrapped in electrical tape** I just dont like the off chance that you miss the tab with a hammer, but i am not all that proficient with a hammer (I am one of those people that commonly mistakes their thumb for a nail)

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
**Pliers wrapped in electrical tape** I just dont like the off chance that you miss the tab with a hammer, but i am not all that proficient with a hammer (I am one of those people that commonly mistakes their thumb for a nail)
Only done that a single time back in woodshop, 8th grade of high school. From then on out I did things much differently haha

I definitely want to look at rolling them just ever so slightly since I'm getting the new rubber put on tomorrow it looks like for $70

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd recommend the Eastwood fender roller that's what I used for my front fenders an I was very Happy with it! Two things to take note off are make sure to get a heat gun/ hair dryer an heat the paint to approximately 150 degrees and roll them very little on each pass like about a quarter turn of the knob after every few passes of the roller.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Reactions: oVrKiLL

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'd recommend the Eastwood fender roller that's what I used for my front fenders an I was very Happy with it! Two things to take note off are make sure to get a heat gun/ hair dryer an heat the paint to approximately 150 degrees and roll them very little on each pass like about a quarter turn of the knob after every few passes of the roller.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
Beat me to it. Can't recommend this enough.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts