Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
940 Posts
I've been tempted to get one of those, or a different small bike. Just sold all my motorcycles to get a down payment for a house, this would be a cheap way to get back into the game.

How fast can you get it going?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
My 50cc Aprilia SR50 can hit 60-65. All I need to do is poop before hand and make sure it’s a tailwind I’m running with.

when I went to a bigger 80cc kit, I could do upwards of 70. But more importantly I could hit 60 with ease without the aforementioned poop.

Of course it took quite a bit of tuning to get there from gearing, pulleys, weights, springs, fueling, etc. It sounds like a million angry bees when WOT.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Ive been wanting one of these since they came out but couldn't justify the price. If i could find one unabused in the $1500 range i would bite. I have a XR50 with a 88 BBK that i am getting ready to make street legal ( light kit dot tires, etc) in addition to pocket bikes and a CBR954 & GSXR750

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire

Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive been wanting one of these since they came out but couldn't justify the price. If i could find one unabused in the $1500 range i would bite.
I definitely overpaid for mine. About 5.5k out the door, but I really wanted it. A lot of them hold their value too but at 2.5 to 3k for used.

·
Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
317 Posts
Its adorable that it fits in the hatch lol.

Tiny bikes like the Grom will get you more attention than a striaght piped Harley. Difference being it will be positive attention lol.

I rode my Yamaha Fazer8 home from storage on the weekend and despite being in the low 50's it snowed briefly. It would discourage some people, but the joy of being back on two wheels is overwhelming. Some is about being in open air and being unrestricted by traffic, and some is operating a machine that responds instantly and consistently.

**** it i'm going for a ride right now :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts