Ford Focus ST Forum banner
501 - 520 of 528 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,901 Posts
Smiles per gallon.
My ST is still fun to drive when the roads are dry. Which (with the exception of this particular summer) isn't very often where I live.

I'd just daily the mustangs if I lived in a nice climate.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,124 Posts
My ST is still fun to drive when the roads are dry. Which (with the exception of this particular summer) isn't very often where I live.

I'd just daily the mustangs if I lived in a nice climate.
Move.

Lmfao

·
Super Moderator
8,901 Posts
How about AWD crossovers? Can be big bucks though...
Crossovers are the bane of my existence and the reason that fun small cars have and are evaporating.

I think that description should show you where I stand on those big turds.

Move
Lmfao
You're not wrong. I'm too deeply rooted here so I sealed my fate already.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,124 Posts
Crossovers are the bane of my existence and the reason that fun small cars have and are evaporating.

I think that description should show you where I stand on those big turds.

You're not wrong. I'm too deeply rooted here so I sealed my fate already.
Yeah I figured you'd say all that.

I guess this will just be a big thread of whining.

If your wants exceed your finances, and items are unobtanium, then it's time to start looking elsewhere.

Roll the dice on a used car. Some Krauter mobile, or import something JDM. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Yeah. Due to my recent bad financial decision (see also, my first motorcycle), Toyotas dead silence and a slew of other issues, including aforementioned auto loan rates, I'm probably gonna delay my GRC purchase by a couple of years.

The question is. Do I get a Veloster/Elantra N, or do I invest money into the focus. Lol. I really like the Veloster N, but used car prices are bonkers, as we all know. Can't get a used one for less than MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
8,901 Posts
Yeah. Due to my recent bad financial decision (see also, my first motorcycle), Toyotas dead silence and a slew of other issues, including aforementioned auto loan rates, I'm probably gonna delay my GRC purchase by a couple of years.

The question is. Do I get a Veloster/Elantra N, or do I invest money into the focus. Lol. I really like the Veloster N, but used car prices are bonkers, as we all know. Can't get a used one for less than MSRP.
I love the N drivetrain. I've only driven 3 or 4 Veloster Ns. The new Elantra platform is fantastic And they have tons of interior room. I've never driven an Elantra N though, although it would be at the top of my list as far as FWD cars go.

·
Super Moderator
8,901 Posts
Maybe we can hope and pray for an AWD Mustang. Now that would probably solve all your worries.
Nice thought, but Too large and heavy. It would push well over 4,000 lbs with AWD. If the mustang was still fox body sized, we would be In business. I've daily driven two 5.0 foxes in my life, and both were really fun. Not focus ST fun. But drop the clutch and drift a corner fun.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I love the N drivetrain. I've only driven 3 or 4 Veloster Ns. The new Elantra platform is fantastic And they have tons of interior room. I've never driven an Elantra N though, although it would be at the top of my list as far as FWD cars go.
I've not had a chance to drive either unfortunately. Every dealer near me that gets one in stock is already sold.

I like the VN for styling. I like the Elantra N for everything else. Apparently it's the best sub-40k, off the dealer lot track car, including the GRC.

Who knows. Maybe I'll strike gold with this job I interviewed for and can justify more money on a car. We'll see. For now, I'm rather enjoying no car payment.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Bummer you couldn't grab one yet! Hot hatches selling like hot cakes! However, I SERIOUSLY miss not making an extra payment every month... Things happened and I had to choose which big bill was getting priority; so the ST didn't win the house, but it's still got my heart, haha.

Reactions: MacawMania

·
Super Moderator
8,901 Posts
@Smokin' Joe they still haven't hit the states. Supposedly a few are on their way. Also it's been rumored through a YouTube video (guy supposedly talked to Toyota directly)that instead of 2023 production being 6000 units, its going to be more like 3,000.

So I doubt everyone will even be able to get this car that wants it.

Stupid Toyota.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
That's doesn't seem to be as bad as what Ford did with the RS though... Lots of big talk and ultra hype. thousands of pre-orders that were like 6 + months late for delivery. I can't believe that was 2016! At least Toyota is trying and being upfront with sucking :p

• Haha
Reactions: MtnMan

·
Super Moderator
8,901 Posts
That's doesn't seem to be as bad as what Ford did with the RS though... Lots of big talk and ultra hype. thousands of pre-orders that were like 6 + months late for delivery. I can't believe that was 2016! At least Toyota is trying and being upfront with sucking :p
Yeah but each dealer recieved multiple RS cars. In this case, it sounds like each dealer will be receiving 2 (two) GR Corollas over the next year.

As far as being late. I guess that's a matter of opinion and heresay, unless ford stated an exact date when people were supposed to have their RS. In this case, Toyota never gave dates but said "fall". I remember when supposedly the plant was going to start producing them in July (which should have happened) and they were supposed to land late September after the media drives. Well, production didn't start till October 28th. And because they didn't choose to make these at their high production plant, it takes 6 days to build one.

That's been a big source of pride over on the forums as well. Pride that they're built at Motomachi. Which turns out some very nice high quality hand built Lexus and Toyota models. However, this is a freaking Corolla and I couldn't care less if it was assembled with care at motomachi if I never have the chance to own one. I'd rather have this thing pounded out with the tens of thousands of other Corollas on their normal assembly lines. I highly doubt there would be a noticeable difference in the quality of the car.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,124 Posts
Oh and all the headgasket issues and probs of the first year RS, lmfao!!!!

501 - 520 of 528 Posts