Ford Focus ST Forum banner
461 - 480 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
440 Posts
Its too bad that you can't just hit the buy now button and get the car delivered for the price that you see in front of you lol.

I like the grey metallic, it doesn't show its dirt in Canadian winters the way all black or all white does.

Plus if you have an all white Corolla people will mistake your car for an Uber all the time lol.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Its too bad that you can't just hit the buy now button and get the car delivered for the price that you see in front of you lol.

I like the grey metallic, it doesn't show its dirt in Canadian winters the way all black or all white does.

Plus if you have an all white Corolla people will mistake your car for an Uber all the time lol.
I just wish Toyota would let us custom order the cars. This random allocation is going to be an absolute ****show, I promise. The reason I got on at 3 dealers is to increase my chances to get a car with the packages I actually want.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,901 Posts
Hah. Emailed the dealer closest to me since I didn't see it on the list. Here's the reply

. We have not been told how many GR Corolla's we're going to get, however there is already a list with deposits holding any-all marked up $15k.

I Hope this bites them all in the ass. But hopefully not at the cost of production of this car ending.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Hah. Emailed the dealer closest to me since I didn't see it on the list. Here's the reply

. We have not been told how many GR Corolla's we're going to get, however there is already a list with deposits holding any-all marked up $15k.

I Hope this bites them all in the ass. But hopefully not at the cost of production of this car ending.
Yup. F*ck these stealerships. They can eat a bag of rancid d*cks. 15k markup on an already expensive sh*tbox is f*cking stupid. You are definitely opening up other options with that type of markup.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I like this car a lot. I would NOT pay $50k for it. I was hesitant at $40k. Unfortunately, too many people NEED the latest and greatest car and will pay anything to get it.

·
Super Moderator
8,901 Posts
Yup. F*ck these stealerships. They can eat a bag of rancid d*cks. 15k markup on an already expensive sh*tbox is f*cking stupid. You are definitely opening up other options with that type of markup.
I hope the option that it opens up is the end of dealerships as we know them.
I like this car a lot. I would NOT pay $50k for it. I was hesitant at $40k. Unfortunately, too many people NEED the latest and greatest car and will pay anything to get it.
I'm hitting a point where Im sick of 2wd period. I'd like to have a car carry me through the rise and fall of the EV era, one that's turbo, gas, AWD, and manual trans.

Of course it would be some stupid ****ing limited production holy grail turd. I hate it so much.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I'd like to have a car carry me through the rise and fall of the EV era, one that's turbo, gas, AWD, and manual trans.
This is one of the major reasons I want this car. And a major reason I'll be buying a motorcycle soon to help keep miles off the car.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'd like to have a car carry me through the rise and fall of the EV era, one that's turbo, gas, AWD, and manual trans.
All that we have left in the AWD/manual department are the WRX and the Golf Type R, other than the GRC. At least I can't think of any others in this price range - we have the Porsches at the upper end of the stratosphere with similar configurations. Really sad show here. I think Toyota majorly overpriced this car, and the dealer markups are just icing on the cake. Unfortunately, there are enthusiasts with deep pockets who will snap them up despite dealer markup. And, the dealerships know that. Still playing the waiting game to see how all this plays out after we go through a couple of model years.

I know @TurboGT is looking for AWD, but if that restriction is dropped, as @freakin_elrod said, performance options such as the Mustang open up. Even worse, dealer markup on the Morizo edition puts pricing into base Corvette territory (assuming that the price of that does not include insane markups anymore). Or, even better, a gently-used 'vette with a manual gearbox. I'm waiting on the sidelines with my box of popcorn.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·
Im still waiting for my dealership to give me an update

Reactions: ryno9100

·
Super Moderator
8,901 Posts
@MacawMania the only glimmer of hope in the golf segment is the anniversary edition (I think) where they're making 1800 of them and they're going to be available manual. Issue is, that's another limited production car that's already too expensive and will suffer the same markups.

The newest WRX crossover is hideous. I really like the '15 body style though. A lot. But I dont like all the issues I'm hearing about the FA20 engine. it would HAVE to be tuned because they're slow stock. I would only want an STI if it came with a lifetime supply of rod bearings.

AWD and close to or equal power to my ST would be the end goal here. I already own two mustangs that don't get driven for 5 months of the year (I live in the north). Both are 400+ horsepower and are pointless to drive in the rain even. Same as the ST with a big turbo.

I'll see how the future pans out for this car. I may never have a shot of ownership. I love everything about the Audi S3 other than being automatic. I prefer sedans to hatchbacks anyway. But this is another car I'll never be able to afford new. So I'm pushed back into my corner yet again and it pisses me off.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Get a Honda Grom. 129 mpg ;) but even those bikes had mark ups depending where you get from.
Yeah... I'm 6'2". Lol. And not small framed. I don't think I can fit on a Grom.

Although having a license plate that says GRom alongside my GR Corolla would be fun.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,398 Posts
I hope the option that it opens up is the end of dealerships as we know them.

I'm hitting a point where Im sick of 2wd period. I'd like to have a car carry me through the rise and fall of the EV era, one that's turbo, gas, AWD, and manual trans.

Of course it would be some stupid ****ing limited production holy grail turd. I hate it so much.
Low mileage EJ257 Subaru 😊

·
Registered
534 Posts
@MacawMania the only glimmer of hope in the golf segment is the anniversary edition (I think) where they're making 1800 of them and they're going to be available manual. Issue is, that's another limited production car that's already too expensive and will suffer the same markups.

The newest WRX crossover is hideous. I really like the '15 body style though. A lot. But I dont like all the issues I'm hearing about the FA20 engine. it would HAVE to be tuned because they're slow stock. I would only want an STI if it came with a lifetime supply of rod bearings.

AWD and close to or equal power to my ST would be the end goal here. I already own two mustangs that don't get driven for 5 months of the year (I live in the north). Both are 400+ horsepower and are pointless to drive in the rain even. Same as the ST with a big turbo.

I'll see how the future pans out for this car. I may never have a shot of ownership. I love everything about the Audi S3 other than being automatic. I prefer sedans to hatchbacks anyway. But this is another car I'll never be able to afford new. So I'm pushed back into my corner yet again and it pisses me off.
I hear ya. You've probably seen me complain about this situation in different discussions. Sad times.

·
Super Moderator
8,901 Posts

Well in more positive news, it ran a low 13 second pass even with beat 2nd and 3rd synchros. So it's better than I had originally expected based on throttle houses drag racing.

461 - 480 of 528 Posts