Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is looking good....If I havent sold or traded my ST by the time this arrives I will seriously be considering a trade in! Personally I think the RS is a better package and looks sharper but this will be a contender if they go the 300/350 + power route and kep it under $35K. I need to get my name on a few local dealership waiting lists:

Toyota Corolla Getting GR, Hydrogen Versions In Late 2022: Report

https://tracednews.com/new-toyota-gr-corolla-2022-technical-data-revealed/

The Toyota GR Corolla AWD Hot Hatch Is a Go! Here's What It Could Look Like

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,115 Posts
Man....AWD.....
6spd manual as well, in a pretty good looking hatch, 300hp est.

If it hits the states, imma test drive one. Lol

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
1,082 Posts
Why?

Theres a shop in Australia that has a GR yaris (same engine) running 10s with a big turbo. See @ddfred Latest topic
As the old saying goes, there's no replacement for displacement. And I'd rather have the extra .4 liters to start with and not have to have a high strung engine just to meet my power goals.

I have no doubt it'll make tons of power when you start replacing half the engine. But I don't want to do all that, I want to run a tune and 93 octane and some other light mods and get my 300 horsepower. That engine does seem to have good internals, which is nice..

It also doesn't help that it looks as hopelessly dull and lifeless as most other Toyotas.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm actually hoping for a 2.0T engine in this car too. Toyota has access to at least three 2.0T engines:

• The Lexus IS300 engine
  • The BMW 2.0T in the Zupra
  • The FA20 from Subaru(!)

If they choose the second option, they might as well call it the GR Corolla M. If they choose the third option, then that would be the WRX hatch that never returned.

1 - 20 of 524 Posts