Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If anyone is curious enough to look at live timing or listen to the audio stream (if there is one):
DS, HS, STH, & SM are in the first heat. GS is in the 4th heat (yay!).

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Good luck sir!

Reactions: gemery

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well that was a fizzle, with poor driving on my part for day 1. Day 2 went better, I drove to my capabilities. Onward to the ProSolo, where I get to struggle with not being last since the field consists of Dennis Healy, Michael Yanase, Des Toups, and Dieter Beldi.

Dennis may switch to his CAM-C Mustang since it didn't blow up or catch fire at the Ultimate Car Competition at Pike's Peak Raceway (he won the GT class!). If he does switch, then GS competitors will be shunted into the bump class and I'll have better odds of not being last, LOL.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Well that was a fizzle, with poor driving on my part for day 1. Day 2 went better, I drove to my capabilities. Onward to the ProSolo, where I get to struggle with not being last since the field consists of Dennis Healy, Michael Yanase, Des Toups, and Dieter Beldi.

Dennis may switch to his CAM-C Mustang since it didn't blow up or catch fire at the Ultimate Car Competition at Pike's Peak Raceway (he won the GT class!). If he does switch, then GS competitors will be shunted into the bump class and I'll have better odds of not being last, LOL.
Valiant effort on your part and it probably stings knowing that if you were just slightly more consistant on day 1 you would have been on the podium. I know the feeling. My very first national event in 2017 I did the opposite, did pretty well in the first heat placing in the top 6 with a chance at podium despite being on crappy Federals, then blew my ass in the second heat and spun on my hero run...I wasnt expecting much going into it, but after seening that I had a chance I got greedy and drove like ass lol.

Good luck at the Pros. Just remember drag race start, then once you leave the light, it's a regular old autox.

Reactions: NimbusST and gemery
21 - 24 of 24 Posts