Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I do all the West Coast events, it looks like I'll be going to Vegas (Tour), Fontana (Pro), Crow's Landing (Tour), Crow's Landing (Pro) , Packwood (Tour), & Packwood (Pro). It seems to keep the miles traveled in a reasonable range, I'll need to stay on the road for a week between Vegas & Fontana and again between the two Crow's Landing events. Anybody in those areas have a couch or spare room I can sleep on?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm registered for the Las Vegas ProSolo in G Street. It was changed from a Tour to a Pro about a month ago. Crow's Landing is only a ProSolo on the Tour date with the original ProSolo date being replaced by the Tucson Tour.

Registrations for west coast ProSolos aren't as hectic as they are on the east coast. Only 19 SuperPass holders had registered before today's general registration was opened. After an hour of general registration, a total of 122 people are registered. GS needs two more entries to make a class. S4 (Focus RS lands here) & S5 (STH Focus ST lands here) have both made their class.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Las Vegas ProSolo - still need one more GS entry to make the class or else we go to the Bump class. Plenty of room for more entries before the event reaches its cap, but don't delay if you have any interest.

Fontana ProSolo - registrations are accumulating like treacle dripping. After 3 days, still less than 80 entries, which is below the threshold for even holding the event! So far, I'm the only GS entry. S5 is one of the few with enough entries to make a class.

Packwood - the site was sold two days ago. We still don't know how that will affect local clubs' schedules. For the Tour & ProSolo in July, I believe there is a backup venue available (Bremerton Motorsports Park) on the dates required if Packwood becomes unavailable. The new owners have reached out to the national SCCA office.

·
Registered
160 Posts
OK, I'm new to solo this year. How do you sign up for Fontana Pro Solo? I keep checking my Cal Club events and I don't see it. Is the event restricted to drivers who have a points standing or am I looking in the wrong place? The search function on motorsportreg.com isn't playing nice.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Search ProSolo, all one word.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, so much for the Las Vegas ProSolo… I think it's likely the Fontana ProSolo will see the same fate. Not sure if having the decision taken out of my hands is good or bad...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Still holding on to hope for the AZ champ tour to pull through, but it wouldn't surprise me if they canc'd it as well.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, at least watching GS in the Dixie Champ Tour has been exciting. Josh Wheeler, in first national-level competition, has been pressing Tommy Pulliam quite hard. They're separated by only a tenth of a second after Day 1. The top 6 of 9 competitors are separated by only 0.722 seconds. The only Ford Focus ST is being driven by Thomas Simon (7th at the moment) and Ashley Weaver (9th). Jack Burns was the only one to bring his Honda Civic Si on Yokohamas and it has not helped him.

STH has only two entries (a Subaru WRX and a Fiesta ST) and they're being raw-timed by most of GS (sigh).

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well, at least watching GS in the Dixie Champ Tour has been exciting. Josh Wheeler, in first national-level competition, has been pressing Tommy Pulliam quite hard. They're separated by only a tenth of a second after Day 1. The top 6 of 9 competitors are separated by only 0.722 seconds. The only Ford Focus ST is being driven by Thomas Simon (7th at the moment) and Ashley Weaver (9th). Jack Burns was the only one to bring his Honda Civic Si on Yokohamas and it has not helped him.

STH has only two entries (a Subaru WRX and a Fiesta ST) and they're being raw-timed by most of GS (sigh).
I saw that. I was surprised that none of the faster STH drivers were on hand, but with covid19 on the rise, I dont blame them for dropping out/not showing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts