Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have experience with working on the 2019 model? bought one a month ago and looking into new suspension, BOV, new wheels, subwoofer, but cant find any guides or how-to instructions.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Most of the audience on the forum is in the US and we didn't get the new one.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
can you post a part # for your rear brake caliper bracket in red?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
and your rear rotor part # too !! much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
maybe even post a pic of the rear caliper & bracket showing where it bolts up when you take wheel off!! im trying to compare to our pre 19 model

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think you're one of the first few new body style owners on here, so you're the pioneer here. Post some pictures of the car!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
ill see into detaching the wheel tomorrow 21dec so i can take some photos for you :)
Thanks. that would be great! I dont know how much you've read on the forum so far, but the reason i'm asking for the pics, info, etc.. is we have a thread titled "Project Frankenbrake" which details how to use the larger 302 mm rear rotors found on the RS model. In order to do this we need to use a different rear caliper bracket currently found on Mazda 5. While this is an easy swap, unfortunately for someone like myself, who has the premium wheel package that comes with the red calipers, it requires some additional PITA steps to color match & paint the bracket which i would prefer not to have to do. This brings me to the new ST model that you have which, according to the specs, you should have a 302 mm rear rotor like the RS or Mondeo, the question is what bracket, caliper & rotor you are using and if it will be a direct fit on our earlier model ST's. My interest is the red painted caliper bracket which apparently has a cost of only 46 euro. if it fits then this would a great option vs. the mazda bracket for those with the red caliper upgrade. Thanks again!

https://www.focusst.org/threads/project-frankenbrake-larger-rear-brakes-on-a-budget.34649/page-23

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. that would be great! I dont know how much you've read on the forum so far, but the reason i'm asking for the pics, info, etc.. is we have a thread titled "Project Frankenbrake" which details how to use the larger 302 mm rear rotors found on the RS model. In order to do this we need to use a different rear caliper bracket currently found on Mazda 5. While this is an easy swap, unfortunately for someone like myself, who has the premium wheel package that comes with the red calipers, it requires some additional PITA steps to color match & paint the bracket which i would prefer not to have to do. This brings me to the new ST model that you have which, according to the specs, you should have a 302 mm rear rotor like the RS or Mondeo, the question is what bracket, caliper & rotor you are using and if it will be a direct fit on our earlier model ST's. My interest is the red painted caliper bracket which apparently has a cost of only 46 euro. if it fits then this would a great option vs. the mazda bracket for those with the red caliper upgrade. Thanks again!

https://www.focusst.org/threads/project-frankenbrake-larger-rear-brakes-on-a-budget.34649/page-23
im afraid i made a grave error, when i bought the car last month it was 1 year old (2018 nov) and the dealership selling the car told me it had gotten an st upgrade, however that i can now see means the car is a st-line, and not an st... i took some photos in the front wheel well and there are stickers on certain parts that maybe is for easier replacement? but that is if you can even use the information when it is not from an actual st, and only form an st-line

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
im afraid i made a grave error, when i bought the car last month it was 1 year old (2018 nov) and the dealership selling the car told me it had gotten an st upgrade, however that i can now see means the car is a st-line, and not an st... i took some photos in the front wheel well and there are stickers on certain parts that maybe is for easier replacement? but that is if you can even use the information when it is not from an actual st, and only form an st-line
Ahh no problem, not sure which ST lines you have over there but im looking specifically for the Focus ST rear caliper bracket. If you have a 2019 Focus ST then you have the bracket im looking for otherwise not sure if any other ST models like Edge or Fiesta will fit.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess the ST line is considered an optional upgrade

https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/st-line
i looked at the cars aviable to purchase in Denmark, and an st focus is not possible, there is the st-line, and the st2 and st3, but no such thing as an st aviable, dont know if the st-line model is considered the replacement of the regular st in the new 2019 model

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
i looked at the cars aviable to purchase in Denmark, and an st focus is not possible, there is the st-line, and the st2 and st3, but no such thing as an st aviable, dont know if the st-line model is considered the replacement of the regular st in the new 2019 model
i guess the new Focus ST is for 2020? here is a comparison of the Focus St-line vs the Focus ST.. they really made things confusing over there!!!LOL

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/the-2020-ford-focus-st-might-be-fast-but-it-s-boring-to-look-at-ar185959.html

https://uscarmagz.com/2020-ford-focus-st/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts