Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard about ordering info for the 2019 Focus ST yet? I've read about the new 1.5L 275 HP engine and appearance refresh, but so far no details other than "Spring 2018" for availability.

I was in the "early order enrollment program" for the 2013 launch, not sure if the refresh will get anything like that.

Thanks for any rumors you have!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do a lot of autocross and 275 HP from 1.5L is the kind of lightweight power I'm looking for. The rumored twin-scroll turbocharging and cylinder deactivation leads me to believe it's going to have a significant MPG bump as well. If they can keep the power and lose some weight I'm absolutely ordering one.

Registered
I do a lot of autocross and 275 HP from 1.5L is the kind of lightweight power I'm looking for. The rumored twin-scroll turbocharging and cylinder deactivation leads me to believe it's going to have a significant MPG bump as well. If they can keep the power and lose some weight I'm absolutely ordering one.
Weight difference is going to be nothing, these cars are fat pigs. if you don't mod it then fine but my car makes more than 275 and has more room if I wanted to... a 1.5L at 275 seems like it would be tapped out and hard to grow to even 300HP

Way better off just gutting the car and adding a few bolt ons if you are looking for power.

stock power numbers, rumored numbers, are almost meh to me because I cant leave anything stock. didn't have 6k on my car before I had bolt ons

Registered
I don't know why everyone is so negative about this haha I can't wait to see the 2019. Most people don't mod and they will welcome a 1.5L with better MPG. I would love to have better MPG in mine. I wish I had the patience to wait for a 2019 but I couldn't so got a 17 a few months ago instead. I just hope I'm not kicking myself when they release the 19 and I fall in love with it lol.
I hope the interior looks more like the new fiestas and ecosports, lot more modern looking than the current focus.

To answer your questions, I haven't heard anything about early orders but my guess is the 2013 early order was because it was a brand new car to the US, I don't think they'd do that for a refresh?? But who knows.

Registered
I don't know why everyone is so negative about this haha I can't wait to see the 2019. Most people don't mod and they will welcome a 1.5L with better MPG. I would love to have better MPG in mine. I wish I had the patience to wait for a 2019 but I couldn't so got a 17 a few months ago instead. I just hope I'm not kicking myself when they release the 19 and I fall in love with it lol.
I hope the interior looks more like the new fiestas and ecosports, lot more modern looking than the current focus.

To answer your questions, I haven't heard anything about early orders but my guess is the 2013 early order was because it was a brand new car to the US, I don't think they'd do that for a refresh?? But who knows.
I am not being negative I am being real... and I didn't buy this car because it got 40MPG. I daily mine and get 30 tho so no complaints so the 1.5 better get 40+ to be worth the downfall of it being a 1.5L

Registered
I am not being negative I am being real... and I didn't buy this car because it got 40MPG. I daily mine and get 30 tho so no complaints so the 1.5 better get 40+ to be worth the downfall of it being a 1.5L
To each is own I guess, I don't really plan on doing performance mods so I would love 40MPG! You're lucky getting 30 in yours, most people seem to get less. I DD mine in the city every day and get around 23-24, 30 on a perfect day on the highway.

I just read an article speculating about the 2019, speculation is all that's out there right now, and it said base focus will have 1.0, higher end ones will be 1.5, and the ST will keep the 2.0. So who knows.

Registered
To each is own I guess, I don't really plan on doing performance mods so I would love 40MPG! You're lucky getting 30 in yours, most people seem to get less. I DD mine in the city every day and get around 23-24, 30 on a perfect day on the highway.

I just read an article speculating about the 2019, speculation is all that's out there right now, and it said base focus will have 1.0, higher end ones will be 1.5, and the ST will keep the 2.0. So who knows.
24 for city driving is normal in these cars... I don't city drive so I get 30. when I drive back roads and around the city I get 20 or less

Strange how many people buy a "Sports oriented car" and then assume it is going to get Prius level MPG

OH and removing the factory CAT will improve your MPG ;)

I hope the 2.0 sticks around, I would love to stroke mine to 2.3... because who doesn't want even more TrQ!! the new ST should come with a 2.3 not a 1.5. screw MPG and screw the EPA

Premium Member
I'll be honest, not super enthused about a 1.5 in the ST, seems more like something that will be in the Fiesta ST but either way if they do it right I look forward to driving it.

Reactions: straysfocus

Registered
I hope they offer me to keep my same payments and maybe extend my loan to trade my '17 up for a '19, I'd take that deal.
I know they do that sometimes when the new MY comes out.

Registered
Might have to shop around a bit. Keep in mind that the interest rate could help you but be prepared to have an answer if they come back a few dollars higher. I think the next car will be a giant leap forward in every category. Maybe not quite the potential for mega power but should be considerably better stock than what we have (stock).

Registered
Might have to shop around a bit. Keep in mind that the interest rate could help you but be prepared to have an answer if they come back a few dollars higher. I think the next car will be a giant leap forward in every category. Maybe not quite the potential for mega power but should be considerably better stock than what we have (stock).
Agreed, I've seen rumors of keeping the 2.0 and also rumors of the 1.5 so who knows at this point.
But I didn't buy the car for power potential so I will welcome better MPG and an upgraded interior with more technology, cause the tech options on even the ST3 I think are a little lacking considering the titanium trim has higher tech and cooler features and the euro ST models have way more than the US models.

I would love to see a wireless charger, blindspot detection, remote start, auto braking, auto high beams, auto wipers, auto dimming mirror, lane keeping assistance. Some of this is already in the euro ST and US titanium models, If you're paying for the ST3 it should have that stuff as well!

Registered
I agree. My brother in laws titanium has a few things that I don't and for what I paid (what's on the sticker anyway) they should be included.

Registered
If it's going to be made in China and have a 1.5, this will be last Ford for at least a while. Origin of manufacture I can live with, but I'm definitely not interested in a higher-stressed, smaller engine that has to boost every time you want the car to actually move, so it only gets better mileage on the EPA test and will die all the sooner from the increased stress (even Honda has claimed that the Si is running the power it's running in the interest of reliability, which isn't as much a concern with Type-R customers, apparently). There's a point where downsizing an engine goes too far without significant loss of weight and maybe some drag reduction, as well. I don't mod cars, but I drive over 50k mi./year.

Registered
Is this actually happening in the US? I thought the 2019 rework was EU only

Registered
+1
I was just talking to a ford salesman about these yesterday. He's not convinced they're even going to have a Focus ST next year. He said they might give them a bunch of 18's then that's all they get till 20. He said they're all waiting to hear what the plan is for 2019.

Registered
+1
I was just talking to a ford salesman about these yesterday. He's not convinced they're even going to have a Focus ST next year. He said they might give them a bunch of 18's then that's all they get till 20. He said they're all waiting to hear what the plan is for 2019.
Yeah I check the media about once a week waiting for some news about what they are doing but so far, nothing official from Ford.

Registered
Apparently in Europe the ST went from a 2.5 liter 5-cylinder to our 2.0 4-cylinder and didn't suffer at all. 1.5 seems small but it could work if the engineering/technology is good.

Registered
Well the new fiesta st is definitely a 1.5 but the focus surely it would fall out of hot hatch competition. I鈥檇 never consider one but I only ordered my 2018 st2 2 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts