Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. I recently purchased a 2018 ST1 in Blue Metallic with about 4,000 miles on the clock. I've been eyeballing ST's for some time and got too good of a deal trading in my 14 Dart 2.4 SXT to pass up. Who offers $7,700 in trade in on a five year old car with 125,000 miles on it anyway?

In any event, I drove that Dart since it was new and it was a reliable commuter car with few issues but something was always lacking. I've always been a Ford guy and I'm glad to have my daily driver be back to the blue oval. This is my first car with a turbo, I look forward to learning more about it and what sort of mods and tuning can be accomplished.

I can already tell this is a fun car to drive and it should make my commute that much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You may be one of the few people who won't be shocked by the fuel economy of his/her new ST. The 2.4 Tigershark has its virtues, but fuel economy isn't one of them. That said, you will miss the extra 2 gallons of fuel tank capacity that your Dart had compared to the Focus.

Have fun with the new car. They really are sweet driving hot hatches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It certainly is a hot hatch.

I do miss the 2 extra gallons, but that makes the price of premium fuel a little more palatable. Oddly, fuel economy was one of the big take away's I had. I would average 34 mph with the 2.4 and the 6 speed. Across a few tanks I'm getting 29-31 right now depending on how spirited the 0400 drive to work is. The Dart's interior also seemed a little more roomy, a little more comfortable.

But all in all I'm happy. This car is markedly more fun to drive, gets very reasonable fuel economy, and achieves everything I need for my family when called upon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts