Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
End of the line for this model revision.. The Focus platform is getting an overhaul and a new RS will come out during the last few years of that model's cycle. Probably wont see another RS until the early 2020's

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hope so, I just bought a 2016 RS, so I hope it will keep prices decently high for the time being
I just sold my 16 RS for 33k with 11k miles. Brand new MSRP was 41,500. I paid 39,500. After the second PTU needed to be replaced I was over it! Car was in the dealership 20+ days each time. Was denied a loaner as well. Great car but I wish I got a ‘17 or ‘18 once some of the problems were ironed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just sold my 16 RS for 33k with 11k miles. Brand new MSRP was 41,500. I paid 39,500. After the second PTU needed to be replaced I was over it! Car was in the dealership 20+ days each time. Was denied a loaner as well. Great car but I wish I got a ‘17 or ‘18 once some of the problems were ironed out.

Just curious but what did you get to replace it?

·
Premium Member
358 Posts

You have a 2017 ST in its place? Forgive me if I missed an earlier post. What are your thoughts comparing the two? Do you miss the RS and the price differential between the two which is more than 10K.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
It didn't help sales that most every dealer wanted to mark them up so much when they weren't selling well because everyone was marking them up...makes so much sense.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
It didn't help sales that most every dealer wanted to mark them up so much when they weren't selling well because everyone was marking them up...makes so much sense.
That's why I don't have one...when my 16 se sport got totaled I went to several dealers and looked at the rs but they all had $5-10k market adjustments over msrp. I said **** that and bought the st

Reactions: angrychair

·
Registered
222 Posts
You have a 2017 ST in its place? Forgive me if I missed an earlier post. What are your thoughts comparing the two? Do you miss the RS and the price differential between the two which is more than 10K.
It's so much better it's hard to explain, just imagine a BT ST that's AWD so it puts just about all of it's power down...ridiculous!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts