Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span lang="EN-US"></span>

<span lang="EN-US">The Ford Focus RS hot hatch will reportedly get a $5,000 price increase for the 2018 model year.

Ford has already announced the 2018 Focus RS will be offered in a limited edition model, but according to CarsDirect, it will start from $41,995 including destination. The substantial increase in its pricing isn’t unjustified, however, as the AWD hatch does get plenty of additional standard equipment including a limited-slip differential, the RS2 package, voice-activated navigation, 19-inch wheels, carbon fiber interior trim, and a black roof.</span>

<span lang="EN-US">Read more about the 2018 Ford Focus RS at AutoGuide.com.</span>

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think everyone expected the Limited to have a 5k bump lol.

As for the regular versions, id really lol if they added to the price. I dont know about all over the country but Ford is trying to get them OTD at sticker now.. including TTL here in vegas if you have good credit. Literally sitting on the lot not moving. especially Gaudin Ford since they still trying to mark them up. They have like 8-9 of them, Friendly Ford has 4-5 of them when i went for a test drive. and there is one more dealership here that has some sitting but i dont know the number.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
hell they are on lots here below sticker... im sure raising the price will help it sell for sure :rollseyes:

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I think everyone expected the Limited to have a 5k bump lol.

As for the regular versions, id really lol if they added to the price. I dont know about all over the country but Ford is trying to get them OTD at sticker now.. including TTL here in vegas if you have good credit. Literally sitting on the lot not moving. especially Gaudin Ford since they still trying to mark them up. They have like 8-9 of them, Friendly Ford has 4-5 of them when i went for a test drive. and there is one more dealership here that has some sitting but i dont know the number.
Same here. All the local dealers around have at least 3 rotting on the lot. I think once people realized the car was a overpriced Focus and the hype died the dealers screwed themselves by charging ADM

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Stealer mark up was the reason I didn't buy one. They were asking $5k to 10k over sticker... That put it around $45 to 50k for a Focus.

And now that I have the ST, I don't expect to be in the car market for another 7 to 10 years. And, I don't feel as though I "settled" with the ST purchase. It is a beautiful car in both style and handling.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
The Stealer mark up was the reason I didn't buy one. They were asking $5k to 10k over sticker... That put it around $45 to 50k for a Focus.

And now that I have the ST, I don't expect to be in the car market for another 7 to 10 years. And, I don't feel as though I "settled" with the ST purchase. It is a beautiful car in both style and handling.
i kinda feel the same way as you... i bought my ST because I always wanted to build a hot hatch. And I always wanted a turbo car to toy with as a DD. I have always had mustangs with blowers, or my truck which is 400whp as well.. so everything was always v8 rwd. I like my ST, i think its a great looking car, its a great driving car, and its decently quick for what it is. But with that being said.... i cant wait to get out from under it and get back in another rwd muscle car. period...LOL

·
Registered
350 Posts
Same here. All the local dealers around have at least 3 rotting on the lot. I think once people realized the car was a overpriced Focus and the hype died the dealers screwed themselves by charging ADM
couldnt have said it better. I got 0% on my focus and i went for a test drive. I have no need for awd living in Las Vegas and i dont go to a track or autox enough for it to be needed over fwd. the test drive was like.. its different but the same, or the same but different depending on how you look at it. and i know im just a touch faster then a stock rs until the very top end but by then the race is over. around a track i have no doubt a rs would be faster. i know a heavily modded rs would be faster then my ST, but a ST with a BT would be fast then a RS, and a RS with a BT would be faster then a ST with a BT, but a ST with a stroked 2.3-2.5 would be faster, so its all about how much money you spend, and at that point puts me in other cars id rather own..

That said i told the salesman if they can slide me over with no more then 50$ added on my payment id do it. but they couldnt and for 580 a month compared to the 400 i pay now its just not worth it to me. We have too many RS's here thats been to the dealership for RDU problems and other things that realize they needed a touch more work done to them, and now that everyone who really wanted one got it. the rest are sitting. literally had someone just recent went and got one paid 44k otd and 710 a month on a 72 month deal..... nope, no, not happening lol. I really feel sorry for the guys that paid the 5-10k mark up and still owe 40-45k on their loans lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
i kinda feel the same way as you... i bought my ST because I always wanted to build a hot hatch. And I always wanted a turbo car to toy with as a DD. I have always had mustangs with blowers, or my truck which is 400whp as well.. so everything was always v8 rwd. I like my ST, i think its a great looking car, its a great driving car, and its decently quick for what it is. But with that being said.... i cant wait to get out from under it and get back in another rwd muscle car. period...LOL
I have every intention of getting another 86 again. I loved the FRS, supercharged on e85 i put 452 at the wheels. but i was stupid when they came out and paid 32k for it and was paying 550 a month. the main reason i got rid of it. now that scion went under and you can pick up decent ones for 12k.. soon to be 10k thats what i plan on getting again. 400+hp in those little cars are a ton of fun. im currently putting a engine together that should be around 750whp for a friends frs and cant wait to drive it.. though the turbo may be the limiting factor there. it seemed to be running out of efficiency around 550whp on the stock block before it said no more lol

Reactions: VenomousSVT

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I have every intention of getting another 86 again. I loved the FRS, supercharged on e85 i put 452 at the wheels. but i was stupid when they came out and paid 32k for it and was paying 550 a month. the main reason i got rid of it. now that scion went under and you can pick up decent ones for 12k.. soon to be 10k thats what i plan on getting again. 400+hp in those little cars are a ton of fun. im currently putting a engine together that should be around 750whp for a friends frs and cant wait to drive it.. though the turbo may be the limiting factor there. it seemed to be running out of efficiency around 550whp on the stock block before it said no more lol
i would absolutely LOVE to play around in a 400whp FRS.. that would be so extremely playful! Ive said for years 400whp in a car 3200lbs is where its at. Much faster and its not as playful, any slower and its not playful enough. When I built my cobra I went way past the playful level and it just did things too easily. It was a hair under 700whp at the wheels on 295/13-18's and would smoke them on the highway running 65mph if you went full throttle. It WAS fun, dont get me wrong, but playful is not the word to describe something like that. I feel like a 400whp RS would be super fun as well. Ive only ever driven a stock BRZ and it was literally not even a drive... i relocated it a couple miles, it wasnt my car, and I dont beat on other peoples property. So I literally drive it with utmost respect for someone elses property. It drove nice, and felt great, but power would really really make that a sweet car. I want an ls swapped miata myself to just act like a retard in personally..LOL I dont like miata's, but man that would be fun too.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
i would absolutely LOVE to play around in a 400whp FRS.. that would be so extremely playful! Ive said for years 400whp in a car 3200lbs is where its at. Much faster and its not as playful, any slower and its not playful enough. When I built my cobra I went way past the playful level and it just did things too easily. It was a hair under 700whp at the wheels on 295/13-18's and would smoke them on the highway running 65mph if you went full throttle. It WAS fun, dont get me wrong, but playful is not the word to describe something like that. I feel like a 400whp RS would be super fun as well. Ive only ever driven a stock BRZ and it was literally not even a drive... i relocated it a couple miles, it wasnt my car, and I dont beat on other peoples property. So I literally drive it with utmost respect for someone elses property. It drove nice, and felt great, but power would really really make that a sweet car. I want an ls swapped miata myself to just act like a retard in personally..LOL I dont like miata's, but man that would be fun too.
See I hate the BRZ/FRS/86 because they are so lifeless in power, but THAT would be awesome if it weren't such an expense to get there. Kinda want to find a buddy with one and convince him to beef it up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
See I hate the BRZ/FRS/86 because they are so lifeless in power, but THAT would be awesome if it weren't such an expense to get there. Kinda want to find a buddy with one and convince him to beef it up.
Because i do the work myself, i had 5k into the kit and flex fuel and all, about what i have into the ST, so its not that much more. you can buy a SBD kit for 3500 and be at 400+whp on e85. My friend first kit was a Ptuning and he was at 550whp on 6k. It really depends on the kits and where you get them and who installs. you can make serious power for cheap if you do the work yourself and stay away from some of those 5-6k kits. Also kits have dropped a lot recently, when they first came out they were 5-6-7k and full of problems. BUT if you can get someone to give you the keys or at least a ride, wow...

·
Registered
321 Posts
the stealer mark up was the reason i didn't buy one. They were asking $5k to 10k over sticker... That put it around $45 to 50k for a focus.

And now that i have the st, i don't expect to be in the car market for another 7 to 10 years. And, i don't feel as though i "settled" with the st purchase. It is a beautiful car in both style and handling.
exactly!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
How much power does the FRS take on a stock block. The ST with a BT (no aux or methanol) takes you up to 350whpish pretty reliably. Can the FRS get there reliably, I heard the rods on the FA20 were useless.

·
Registered
129 Posts

I am in exactly the same boat as you.

·
Registered
350 Posts
How much power does the FRS take on a stock block. The ST with a BT (no aux or methanol) takes you up to 350whpish pretty reliably. Can the FRS get there reliably, I heard the rods on the FA20 were useless.
I dailied over a year with over 400whp.. 452 when finally tuned. Mine was supercharged so i didnt have the stress and all down low like the turbos do. though i have put many many turbo kits thatt make 350-400whp and daily for long times. after 400 though on turbo kits you start to have issues. the ptuning car of my friends dailied for about 45k miles around 350-550 depending on which boost map it was on. once he started driving around a lot more on the 550 map is when the engine let go. he already had a built block though and was just pushing it to much.

My first dyno runs here at 17 psi. 415hp i think. after a pulley swap to 19.5psi, timing and fuel adjusted final numbers were 452

Reactions: bman13235

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'll confess that I had an RS for a couple of months. I found a deal for 2800 off an RS2 with forged alloys and a moonroof and jumped on it. Not sure why but I decided not to trade in my 13 ST for it and I am glad I didn't. I was pretty underwhelmed by the RS at $590 per month so I traded it in for a Durango for the misses.

My ST has been fantastic for 50k miles now and look forward to at least 50k more. Installing a Depo 3.5" IC next week and looking forward to a Stratified tune to replace this OTS Cobb stage 1 tune.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I thought this was FocusST.org? Not FocusRS.org.
I thought this was a forum and people can talk about whatever they want and don't need your permission.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts