Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I still wish I got a blurple ST
Performance blue was the best.

Curious to see which blue they come with for 18. Kona blue was no good on the ST.

Kinda hope they go with lightning blue.

·
Registered
825 Posts
""Get them before they are China made in 2019...""

MY understanding is the ST and RS would come from Germany and not China.
Only the standard Focus would be a Chinese import.
This would be GREAT if true.

And the off red color is kind of weird. At first glance no.. But then I see the metallic golden accents inside the paint...

·
Registered
455 Posts

Curious to see which blue they come with for 18. Kona blue was no good on the ST.

Im a sucker for red, the race red is what drew my attention to the car in the first place. Saw a tastefully modded RR ST at a tennis club we maintain here in socal and had it not been for that car I wouldnt have even known about the ST much less own one lol.. Id probably be driving an overpriced wrx if it wasnt for that car..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
679 Posts

*owns a kona blue, triggered*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have a Race Red and I think it is one of Ford's better colors, whether on F150, Mustang, or the ST. It is easy to maintain and since it is a solid touch up is simple. The new color looks interesting but it is one of those that will be hard to maintain and color match if damaged. And it will be a $400 to $500 surcharge for the privilege.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
My internet sucks and I could only load have the pic, but to me it seems like they are just taking away options for the 2018 and not adding anything to the car other than new colors? Delete the input jack (prob not used by many) and take away the cd from st1's? What are they adding to the car to make people want one over a 2017?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I still don't know if my cd player works in my '15... What a useless feature in cars now
Yes, if you have a ****ty stereo (like the ST) it is useless. However if you want to hear good quality music and have nice speakers they are great and better than any stream or MP3 you can find. I use mine in both my car and truck. I do acknowledge I am the only person I know who still buys cd's though. I just think listing things you are removing, instead of things you are adding is an odd way to show "whats new" on a car.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts

Honestly since it just says "blue" and they have the hot pepper red metallic listed, I wouldn't be surprised if it was literally just a generic "blue" and nothing special.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Yes, if you have a ****ty stereo (like the ST) it is useless. However if you want to hear good quality music and have nice speakers they are great and better than any stream or MP3 you can find. I use mine in both my car and truck. I do acknowledge I am the only person I know who still buys cd's though. I just think listing things you are removing, instead of things you are adding is an odd way to show "whats new" on a car.
You're not the only one :)

I still go to used "record stores" and rummage thru their collections. Last time I went I found Alice Cooper Goes To Hell and Blow My Fuse by Kix for like $4-5 each.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Well if you want better quality music, you can still do better than CD. I have a bunch of 96 kHz/24 bit flac's on my phone that have made my CD player obsolete. Why bother swapping out fragile discs when 128gb microSd on my phone holds hours of music? The built in DAC/amp on my HTC 10 does a great job :big smile:

I fully agree with your sentiment of stream/mp3 vs CD's, definitely a step up. MP3 has gotten better though, I have lots of 320 mp3's that sound nice. I cant even listen to the built in Sirius, just sounds so tiny. Losing the Aux is a bummer, I'd be annoyed if I bought a car without it

1 - 20 of 99 Posts