Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install some LED "ST Logo" projectors in my doors and need the wiring diagram for the doors. Anyone have it? Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
have a link to what you are installing? I have similar projectors in a different car and MAY be able to extrapolate . . .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
192 Posts
did you buy these already? 'cuz I wouldn't .... as I said I have similar puddle lights on a different car ... looking at the page for what you have I see:

• Painted Film - Due to high heat and the use magnifying lenses, film fade will occur and is not covered by warranty. This is normal wear and tear for this product.
  • Recommended Runtime - In an effort to decrease fade rate, the maximum recommended continuous runtime should not exceed 15-30 second intervals. This is the average rate for a person to enter and exit a vehicle.
IME I get about 6 months out of the 'color slide' that provides the image. The light I bought has a changeable / replaceable 'color slide' . . . . LED Door Puddle Lights

Your source says it will fade but offers no fix ..... why bother?

To extend the life of the LED Puddle Lights, avoid leaving the doors open for an extended period of time (5 minutes or longer).
The lenses will fade over time or even burn out if the doors are left open for extended periods of time, such as; cleaning the interior and/or when the car is being serviced. (
We recommend disconnecting the puddle lights prior to servicing/detailing or letting the service provider know about not leaving the doors open.)

I disconnect mine before a service call . . . . and STILL need to replace routinely . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts