Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found references like this: http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx

but (1) it shows "N/A" for door trigger, and (2) I know the "smart key" stuff throws this off somehow.

I'm looking to add a security measure to my ST, it's not a full blown alarm, but it is something that needs a door trigger (just the driver door = preferred, but if it was a signal that any door was opened that would be fine too)

Anyone have a line on where I can catch this wire?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
if soft turn on and turn off and a slight delay after the door is closed is OK, then you can just tap into one of the under dash lights.

if your 17 is the same as my 15 (the wire color may be different but I'd think the BCM pin out would be the same), the true drivers door pin wire is Green/Purple at the BCM behind the glove box, in the Brown 60 pin plug(B) at pin #45

also, FYI the door trigger wire is Normally Closed unlike Normally Open circuits that go to ground when the door open that most cars use.

*use this information as a reference, information is subject to change, I am not liable for other's mistakes. always test wires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts