Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I apologize ahead of time if this is a question that has been answered over and over however it seems like most of the discussion has revolved around the models with the factory sub. I love the car, I got it for a steal, and it is amazing. The stereo in the base model is sufficient but it is super anemic down low. I'm looking for a sub/amp that won't take up any/much space, cheap, that works with my factory stereo, and will fill out the bottom end. The only info I have found was that there's a concern that there's no amp out in the original headunit and thus a sub would have to be running off of a speaker wire.

Does anyone have any experience with this who may point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Moto

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Easiest way would be to get a LOC like the LC2i, tap off the rear channels speaker wires for input from behind the head unit. Add in a powered 8" or 10" sub, you will have more bottom end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Small, affordable, works with factory stereo... Perhaps look at an amplified sub, 8" or 10". Pick your poison on brand as the sky's the limit on budget from $80 units made in China by underaged children, to near a $1k by made in america, livable wage type folks, or made in Europe where the euro conversion screws us...

So many choices out there for what you're after.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Just looked at the Kenwood KSC-SW11 with the LC2i LOC. Looks like that should probably do what I'm looking for and fit under the seat so I don't lose any room. Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
if your trying to stay cheap and keep the size down, the all in one Kicker HideAway is great. its an 8" sub in a flat rectangular enclosure with a built in amp, all the wiring and a remote bass knob to quickly control the level of the sub.

its a little larger than the Kenwood above, but does play a little deeper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts