Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Scoshe makes a dash kit to install a double din sized radio, does someone make a harness kit to wire a new radio in? I think I had trouble finding one last time I looked. I very rarely ever use my sync so I don't really care about losing any of that. So If I get the dash kit and find a harness I should be good to go right? Has anyone tackled this before? Its just an ST1 with the basic radio but Im really wanting to add an amp and sub and would rather not have to use a line converter and all that BS. So just curious if anyone has done this yet on a 15+ ST1?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great so same story from around July of this year which is when I was last looking into it. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I heard metra makes a kit for 2015+ focus st comes with dash kit and wiring harness
I have a 2016 I thinking about doing it I think it runs about $220 on Amazon you will have to research on keeping your steering wheel controls

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Gotcha, yeah I see that after I posted that Metra got you straightener out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the middle of doing this to an '18 ST1. I bought the Scosche dash trim kit and the Scosche FD02SR wiring harness. Getting it wired correctly has been a challenge as directions are vague. Right now I have double din Kenwood installed along with a powered sub and upgraded door speakers. The system sounds great to me but I am still having these issues:
1. Whenever I start the car I get "engine fault service now" warning light
2. Somehow I've lost the use of the backup camera. The original 4" screen still works and shows temp, time, and date, but camera does not illuminate.
I have use of some steering wheel controls but still sorting that out. Mysteriously my cruise isn't working now!
I'm hoping someone has gone through this and can offer advice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm in the middle of doing this to an '18 ST1. I bought the Scosche dash trim kit and the Scosche FD02SR wiring harness. Getting it wired correctly has been a challenge as directions are vague. Right now I have double din Kenwood installed along with a powered sub and upgraded door speakers. The system sounds great to me but I am still having these issues:
1. Whenever I start the car I get "engine fault service now" warning light
2. Somehow I've lost the use of the backup camera. The original 4" screen still works and shows temp, time, and date, but camera does not illuminate.
I have use of some steering wheel controls but still sorting that out. Mysteriously my cruise isn't working now!
I'm hoping someone has gone through this and can offer advice.
I might be mistaken, but I believe that Scosche kit actually is for the pre 2015 models, even though it states otherwise. The metra one has worked for me so that's the only thing I can vouch for. Sorry can't be of any help - good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I might be mistaken, but I believe that Scosche kit actually is for the pre 2015 models, even though it states otherwise. The metra one has worked for me so that's the only thing I can vouch for. Sorry can't be of any help - good luck.
I have the Scosche kit, without a harness, on my 2015 and it works just fine. The 2015+ kit is much less expensive too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the Scosche dash trim as I thought it looked more original than the Metra but maybe the Metra wiring harness works better at connecting original equipment function. I wonder if the Metra wiring harness can be used with the Scosche dash trim?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went with the Scosche dash trim as I thought it looked more original than the Metra but maybe the Metra wiring harness works better at connecting original equipment function. I wonder if the Metra wiring harness can be used with the Scosche dash trim?
Hmmm it might work. You'd have to initialize the Metra ASWC with the voice button on the steering wheel but it should in theory work then. Haven't seen the ASWC wiring portion sold separately from the entire kit though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is my update: I tracked down an installer who was familiar with the Scosche wiring harness. He was able to wire it into my '18 ST and maintained all of my steering wheel controls as well as back up camera. I had gotten a suggestion from a Scosche tech that showed a way to make the back up camera work in an earlier model Focus and I forwarded this to the installer. Unfortunately I can't tell you how to make it work in your vehicle, just that it can be done!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts