Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My wife and I just picked up a Triple Yellow ST fully loaded. We have always been BMW and VW owners. But finding it hard to get a sporty car with a manual trans is not easy these days. We decided to look at Ford for a few reasons. One I wanted to give them a chance since they were the only car company to not take the govts hand out when they were not doing to well. Instead Ford fixed itself. In the process they built a better car for us people. Two we wanted to contribute back to America and its workers. We also wanted a sporty yet affordable car we would have fun with. So we ran into the Focus ST by accident. We drove it and fell in love. Love the Recaro seats. The car over all has exceeded our expectations so far. I live up in the mountains so its nice to have a car that handles nicely so I can drive fast. I love racing and kart race. Used to build and fly r/c aircraft as well. I have two daughters. One love to go racing with me. I help rehabilitate squirrels. Crazy little critters. 19800710_1512348168785823_2862325789974479636_o.jpg 10698604_808246189226697_3780509953204213635_n.jpg

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Welcome! That's the first non-promo picture I've seen with that yellow. It looks surprisingly good.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Count me down for another pleasantly surprised with the looks of that color. I live in a windy road area too and the focus is a blast on the turns!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome! Like the other comments, I'm a huge fan of that color, it looks great! Before I get into a ramble, I highly advise you to look into the Ford Performance "ST Octane Academy". Not only is it something I think would be right up your alley, but it's free when you buy the car brand new and it's an absolutely fantastic time. I mean, who doesn't want a vacation in which you can drive someone else's car on a racetrack with virtually no limits?

Now that that is out of the way, our stories are kinda similar. When I was looking at cars, I couldn't find anything affordable, quality and fun that fit my needs. I knew about the ST but I had forgotten about it until I was at the dealer, looking to buy. It's a surprisingly awesome little car and a great package, especially for the price point. You just can't beat it. I too was interested with giving Ford a chance for the same reason, they turned down the government when offered a bailout. Instead they fixed their stuff and got back on their game, which is a win win for everybody. We got better cars, Ford reinvented themselves and profits were made.

Anyways, enough of my ramblings. Welcome, and congrats on the new car! These forums are a plethora of information, you'll find many answers to your questions, and answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you TheAceFox. Just looked into the performance school. Its all booked up for the year but we are planning on going in the Spring of 2018. Looks like a lot of fun and I get to race some karts. What a day that will be. Thank you for the heads up as the Dealer never mentioned this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
love that Sahara/Kingfisher shirt..Force India?

Nice ride! I considered going all the way to Chicago to look at a used yellow '15. Ultimately decided on white for mine. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts