Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching everywhere to find a dash kit for my 17 ST1. I hate the factory radio but didn't want leather or Recaros so I went with the ST1 would like to know if anyone has found one yet? Or if any older models are compatible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am in the same boat. There was another thread where someone bought the one from Metra that looks like it fits, but still has the spot for the previous gen door lock. There is one from Scosche but it looks like crap. You have to search for a 2015 to find these on their websites.

I have emailed Metra but haven't heard back. I am hoping more people will do that to generate interest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was in the local car audio shop today and they said there is not a kit out yet. He said the best bet would be to just upgrade speakers and with amp and use the stock stereo.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I was in the local car audio shop today and they said there is not a kit out yet. He said the best bet would be to just upgrade speakers and with amp and use the stock stereo.
until we get conformation that there is a working kit, that is really all you can do.

using a processor will allow you to maximize how good you can get it. but OEM integration is what were kind of limited to.

of course, there is always the option of having a custom kit fabricated but that takes either serious money or skills to do it right.

G

·
Well it says it retains the steering wheel controls, but you would need to buy the add on back up camera. You definately lose sync ( which isn't all that great imo anyway) I emailed the people and they provide a one year warranty and 30 day no hassle return if you don't like. I talked to a reputable car audio place and he said that this the only option right now to add in dash gps until one of these companies get off there ass and makes a dash kit. The installation would only cost 125 dollars so I think I might take a shot at it. You can also add a sirius xm tuner and plug it into the aux cord in the back.

·
Registered
737 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received A reply to my email to Scosche today about when they will have a kit that will fit a 2016-2017 focus ST1. I am going to try it out and post picks if it works.

https://www.scosche.com/2015-up-ford-focus-aftermarket-stereo-installation-kit

This kit will fit a 2017 Focus

Nick Johnson
Customer Service Representative
Scosche Industries
(800) 363-4490, 124
(805) 486-4450, 124
[email protected]
Home | Quality car audio and mobile accessories by Scosche
1550 Pacific Ave, Oxnard, CA 93033

·
Registered
331 Posts
Now just waiting for someone to buy and isntall using this and tell us what all else is needed. I could care less about retaining sync but steering wheel controls and use of the factory back up camera would be nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The struggle is real.... lol

So, I bought the Scosche dash kit and have test-fitted it. Seems to fit well. The problem I have is that Nick from Scosche assured me that the FD02SR kit would work with my 2015 ST1, and he's wrong. I bought the kit, pulled the dash apart (takes about 5 minutes), and wired the FD02SR up to my Pioneer AVH-4200NEX head unit, and then noticed that this harness only has the 26 pin connector, and not the other connector. For fun, I went ahead and plugged the unit into my Focus, and the headunit will not power up. So now I'm either going to have to figure out all the wiring to get this thing working, or scrap my plans. I'm going to do more digging and see if I can get this thing working. I wouldn't mind keeping SYNC but it's not mandatory, but do want to keep my SWCs.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
you will not wont to keep sync with the new NEX headunit... the NEX has BT for streaming and phone calls, and USB to play flash drives, and it works a lot better since it will show everything nicely on the NEX's screen. the only thing the sync system will do that the NEX wont do on its own is voice commands, but the NEX cab via carplay or AndroidAuto.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am wanting to get Android Auto and better speakers in my 2016 ST1, I have a few concerns that I am trying to get answered with this dash kit.

Scosche FD6215B

I had a Metra Dash Kit in my 2013 SE and it worked great, other than the orange lights didnt match the blue in the Focus. But what Scosche appears to have done is take their 2013 kit and just make it work and fit as a 2015+ model without looking at the other issues and addressing them. While it says 2015+ and a few people have installed it, I feel it is a complete letdown of an option as a dash kit. Someone mentioned that you would loose the backup camera, now there is an option on some stereos to bring that into the aftermarket unit (so that may be an answer).

1) What about the backup camera, will it continue to work or will it need to be brought into an aftermarket unit in order to work.

2) the 4.2" screen gets moved up just like the previous Scosche and Metra kit, but now it will show Temperature, Time and Date, which the latter can not be adjusted without the controls on the center console. The 13-14 this was possible to do from the right side of the steering wheel, but those were removed in 15+ so now if we flash a tune or disconnect the battery the time and date will be wrong and won't be able to be adjusted.

3) The lock/unlock button is still there, while it on the 2015+ models it has been moved to the doors, so it just exists to do nothing.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Are the mounting points for the stereo the same for the pre-facelift as they are on the facelift? I've got this really crap analogue Sony that Ford installed on all UK pre-facelifts that I'd really like to upgrade to the touchscreen. In my case I stand a much better chance of getting a second hand UK facelift stereo than I would a touchscreen from a US pre-facelift.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts