Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Time 1- 1.5 hours if you have everything you need

Need some skill with wrenches

PCV side info

Green 90 elbow is 3/8 O.D located behind the intake on the engine block see pic

Auto part Vehicle Car Engine City car

The Intake side CLEAN AIR goes here

Tire Auto part Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Vehicle

With 800 miles on the engine I have very little to no oil in the intake or head intake ports!

Rim Auto part Metal

Vehicle Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior Car

Run your hose of choice to your catch can location dont forget hose clamps

leave you self as much hose as you can for ease of routing

re - install the intake / make sure to get all the plugs reconnected

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
I think you should have a check valve right before the intake manifold to prevent the can from being pressurized under boost, PCV dirty exit has built-in check valve. I made suggestion to T the two exits to the RX designer, lol.

Edit: Sorry, no I asked why one couldn't just T the clean out from a 2-port catch can to both manifold and intake for suction points, to which he had no answer.

Tracy used to be adamant about the crankcase only clearing in one direction. At the end of the day I didn't want to be an RX/Elite Engineering guinea pig, and none of their mounts at the time would fit the can on my ST. Glad you got yours installed ok and this seems a bit better layout but I'd keep healthy skepticism about their design and use your own logic/common sense. They give you the "clean side separator" oil cap to connect to intake as well? Mine arrived with a pretty ghetto-rigged plastic ring to make it fit.

Might wanna uninstall if you ever take car to dealer, they could blacklist your car for warranty work (wrongfully so but what a PITA). I'd be worried about just my boomba can even being a bit simpler setup. Just trying to look out for a fellow owner.

Edit: Where's your ccv flow sensor?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I agree 100% I will edit my drawing ..

On the ccv side I am keeping the stock fitting hope to have my new silicone hose by today !

I think you should have a check valve right before the intake manifold to prevent the can from being pressurized under boost, PCV dirty exit has built-in check valve. I made suggestion to T the two exits to the RX designer, lol.

Edit: Where's your ccv flow sensor?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you have the PCV and a second check valve inline to the manifold? What was the opening pressure on the check valve?
Not sure exactly what the break pressure is for the valve as these are provided by Mcnally with very little info on the specs. I did test them before install, took very little effort to make the valve open via insert mouth blow ... also tested the closed side with 20 psi .

Yes I placed a check valve inline going to the intake, it will still have the venturi effect and stop any back pressure from going back into the OCC

Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Pipe

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Not sure exactly what the break pressure is for the valve as these are provided by Mcnally with very little info on the specs. I did test them before install, took very little effort to make the valve open via insert mouth blow ... also tested the closed side with 20 psi .

Yes I placed a check valve inline going to the intake, it will still have the venturi effect and stop any back pressure from going back into the OCC

View attachment 268650
Nice, and thank you for the info

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bump.... Any CEL from the sensor that runs to the intake pipe, did you just cut the stock hose, put a fitting in each side and run them to your CC??

I have a nice Dual CC set up and just want to do the intake side right without any pesky CEL's from the inline sensor there.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Bump.... Any CEL from the sensor that runs to the intake pipe, did you just cut the stock hose, put a fitting in each side and run them to your CC??

I have a nice Dual CC set up and just want to do the intake side right without any pesky CEL's from the inline sensor there.
Check for posts by @TangST, he had a can mounted on a ‘15+ with pics of how he cut the OEM hose and spliced in can w/ sensor in place.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
my friend and I managed to squeeze our hands in behind the intake and get my JBR PCV OCC hooked up somehow.
I think if I ever have to mess with it though, I will definitely just pull the intake.
Because it was a PITA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.