Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Ford start using/installing the ERMM's in the 2017 ST's from the factory or do you need to bring it back for the TSB swap? I'm getting the banging under hard acceleration from 1-2-3 shifting..

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with Lordred... if you get bang on shifts, you need to finesse it more when shifting. I find that while the car likes to be driven fast it does not like or really need to driven hard. Fast 0-60 mph sprints or 1/4 mile times are not what it is made for. It's best suited for curvy road or track conditions. What the car really needs IMHO is a limited slip differential. Get one and you probably won't feel the need for a stiffer rear motor mount. LSD's will reduce wheel hop and spin on harder launches (Again not what the ST does well or is intended for) and better traction in all conditions. An after market rear motor mount can also introduce more noise, vibration and harshness. A good LSD will not increase NVH.

I think everybody goes for after market motor mounts for the wrong reason though. They only seem to solve the problem but what they really needed is a LSD to really solve the problem. LSD's cost more to buy and install by quite a bit though.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yep, I didn't get any banging on my track day Saturday, and I put in 44 laps on Streets of Willow, progressively pushing harder and harder as I became more acquainted with the track. I will say OE tune pulls real well from 3k even in 3rd :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
'15 and later years got the RMM from the Focus Electric. The RS uses it too.
My former 2014 Focus ST came w/it installed, so Ford has been using it for a while now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went and had the Cobb RMM installed today.

Definitely noticeable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts