Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone on here loves to tell noobs like me the best mod is the driver mod. I couldn't agree more so while I know it isn't some crazy technical school, I figured going to the Octane Academy would be a good start. I am going from April 5th-6th, which will be before I get all my tuning done and my car picks up in power for the spring, perfect timing as far as I am concerned.

So who else is going then? Or signed up already for another date?

I plan on renting a place around the lake for a few days after with my wife as we never had a honey moon, anyone suggest some good hikes or can't miss spots around SLC? I don't care at all about the city itself, I want to see their beautiful country, not buildings! Any fun experiences would be cool too.

Also, I have seen somewhere that one of the car rental places has an ST, I called budget based off another lead and they do not have one. Anyone got any hot leads? I'd mess around with a Fiesta ST too.

Reactions: CaliJoe

·
Registered
475 Posts
I was thinking of doing it in May, hoping it will be dry. I really want to do this, I've heard great things about OA and how it really expands the mind about your car. I've been to a couple of driving classes (Gokarts and Featherlite trucks) and really looking forward to this one.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of doing it in May, hoping it will be dry. I really want to do this, I've heard great things about OA and how it really expands the mind about your car. I've been to a couple of driving classes (Gokarts and Featherlite trucks) and really looking forward to this one.
I would have liked to go a little later in the year too, but we run a pretty seasonal business and after April we won't have any time.

Reactions: CaliJoe

·
Registered
101 Posts
Im gonna try to go. I have a track day lined up at VIR on July 1,2 for my Mustang but I may go to Utah to beat on someone elses ST like it owes me money.

On second thought, just checked flight prices to Utah....Will be doing an extra track day at National Corvette Museum instead.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd love to go! I don't know if I can make it work financially, but I'd really love it. Utah is just sooo far away.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd love to go! I don't know if I can make it work financially, but I'd really love it. Utah is just sooo far away.
Thats why I am turning it into a bit of a trip, I live in MA and probably would never go to Utah otherwise. If I was just going for two days I am not sure I would do it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does the purchase of a new ST still include the course?
I thought that was only for the first 2 model years.
As far as I know they are continuing it. I emailed a few weeks ago before they had the schedule out for this year and the lady confirmed I was eligible, I bought last september.

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thinking about going in July and road tripping up from Vegas if its still free for '16 owners. Kinda nervous though because I've never tracked or autocrossed, hell this is my first manual car lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got a letter in the mail the other day for an invite and I bought a 2016.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My girlfriend and I are registered to go in mid June. We are making it part of a two week cross country road trip with a stop to see my daughter in Seattle. [iurl="http://www.focusst.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=197201&d=1484263864"]
[/iurl]
Taking the ST?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts