Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, new member here from Northern Virginia.

Took delivery of my 2017 Mountune edition Focus ST1 on 11/4/2017.

Factory upgrades include:
-Mountune Intercooler
-Mountune intake
-Mountune lowering springs
-Mountune Catback
-Mountune Short shifter w/ shift knob
listed power output is 275BHP/396TQ.

I'm in the break in period as I only have 175 miles on her but it's loads of fun. I have not taken it over 4.5k RPMs but this seems pertty comparable to my old 2014 STi.

Future mods simply include mudflaps and 35% tint all around.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel

Reactions: Samh

·
Registered
102 Posts
Straight from the Dealer? Where is the logo?

Very Nice regardless.

Reactions: WALLtech

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Straight from the Dealer? Where is the logo?

Very Nice regardless.
The only explanation I see for no Mountune badge on the vehicle is the fact that Ford installed all the parts at the dealership and sold it as a warrantied "performance package". I got it for a phenomenal price, only about $2,300 over a base ST1.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The only explanation I see for no Mountune badge on the vehicle is the fact that Ford installed all the parts at the dealership and sold it as a warrantied "performance package". I got it for a phenomenal price, only about $2,300 over a base ST1.
Damn thats one hell of a deal!!! Nice score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice car :in love:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
why no pics of all the Mountune parts other than ehhaust tip?..post some from under the hood.... intake, intercooler, accessport, etc...!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
why no pics of all the Mountune parts other than ehhaust tip?..post some from under the hood.... intake, intercooler, accessport, etc...!!!
I need to pick the accessport (Mtune) and the badge from the dealership tomorrow as they forgot to put it in my vehicle before I left..... but here are a few quickies for ya'll, took them yesterday just to send to a friend. I'll take better photos tomorrow. It's tough to get a good shot of the intercooler without taking the bumper off.

Auto part Vehicle Automotive exhaust Car Pipe
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gear shift Family car
Vehicle Auto part Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Auto part Suspension Pliers Suspension part Wire stripper
Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Auto part Muffler Synthetic rubber
Bumper Grille Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
So basically you exchanged ST2 for ST1 and got speed parts instead, not bad.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
cant really tell if they actually gave you the MR300 Complete ($3500) or MP275 w Catback ($2500) + short throw ($500)+ springs ($259) or just a intake + shift knob + catback + springs? Did you open the airbox and see what filter is in it or actually check the intercooler/piping/hoses for a Mountune logo? The shifter kinda looks like the stock ford one with a Mountune knob so you would need to pull off the cover and look at the guts of it. Either way you still got some cool parts, enjoy!!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I think the Mountune FMIC requires removal of the Active Shutters so I would check that too!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
cant really tell if they actually gave you the MR300 Complete ($1500) + short throw ($500)+ springs ($259) or just a intake + shift knob + catback + springs? Did you open the airbox and see what filter is in it or actually check the intercooler/piping/hoses for a Mountune logo? The shifter kinda looks like the stock ford one with a Mountune knob so you would need to pull off the cover and look at the guts of it. Either way you still got some cool parts, enjoy!!
They gave me the Full MP275 kit + exhaust+shift components+springs. I'm still awaiting the Mtune as they "misplaced" it at the dealership. I requested the work order/invoice when the parts were installed and it's as follows: 2363-280-AA (MP275 full kit), 2364-GK-AB (shift knob), 2363-CBE-AA (high flow Exhaust), 2363-MSK-AB (Spring kit), and 2363-BSA-AA (Quick Shift).

I think the Mountune FMIC requires removal of the Active Shutters so I would check that too!!
I checked to see what the active shutters were since I'm new to ST's. They have been removed as I do not see them on the Vehicle.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
They gave me the Full MP275 kit + exhaust+shift components+springs. I'm still awaiting the Mtune as they "misplaced" it at the dealership. I requested the work order/invoice when the parts were installed and it's as follows: 2363-280-AA (MP275 full kit), 2364-GK-AB (shift knob), 2363-CBE-AA (high flow Exhaust), 2363-MSK-AB (Spring kit), and 2363-BSA-AA (Quick Shift).
I was just about to add the MP275 to my previous post but you already answered!! Good deal, you definitely got a nice $$$$$$ upgrade over the base ST!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was just about to add the MP275 to my previous post but you already answered!! Good deal, you definitely got a nice $$$$$$ upgrade over the base ST!
Thanks buddy, I'm extremely happy with it. I really don't notice a huge difference in power from my old 2014 STi (expect from a dig :doh:)

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I think if you bump the tune up to a MR300 flash you will see a noticeable gain, the FMIC should keep you going longer. Check your airbox for a Mountune/K&N filter too! Are you trying to compare to a 14' Focus ST or a Sub WRX STi? no comparison to the AWD STi unless you get a RS, whole different vehicle class! My bud has a STi, great car... I think the LSD & a quickshifter tune would be a really good upgrade for our car.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
You may want to check if they still have the shutter system and pick it up too!

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
The dealer I bought my ST2 from wanted $32k for a Mountune equipped ST1 with white fifteen52 tarmac wheels.
I would say you got a good deal.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Did you ever get the Mtune handheld device from the dealer and check the tune?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts