Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Thank you j0shm1lls from focusrs org and All credit goes to @jdub1981 for his time and effort spent figuring out the software for us.

link of all the work others have contributed as well.

DIY: Global Windows Open/Close

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...app-built-editor-all-around-reprogrammer.html

I purchased the OBDlinkMx wifi and IOS compatible from amazon $80. Yes I could have got one for under $30 but I didnt want to have modify the reader.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OCYXTYY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

First, the 2017 will only need FORscan & the OBDII reader and one additional file to turn on the global window open close.

*NO NEED FOR this Focccus App, the as-built editor both of which can be found here: Ford Tools by xGloooM from ffclub.ru I did not use this tool !

Follow the instructions and please back up your work before you write changes to your Body control module !

During the entire process I left the car running with no issues as did j0shm1lls, not saying this is the best idea but it is the course I took.

I followed these instructions

DIY: Global Windows Open/Close

I guess I should start this by saying following any of the below steps is completely at your own risk and you are chancing bricking your PCM. Proceed at your own risk!

Get yourself an OBDLink Mx Bluetooth ODB adapter from HERE
Download and install FORScan from HERE
Register on the FORScan forums and wait for your account to get activated
Once activated, request an FORScan extended license from HERE
Copy the extended license key into FORScan and make sure it then indicates "Extended"
Get in your RS and roll all the windows down
Plug in the OBDLink Mx to your OBDII port and turn the car on but don't start it
Pair the OBDLink Mx to your Bluetooth enabled Laptop
Open FORScan if it isn't already open, go to the connection tab and set the OBDLink Mx as the Bluetooth connection of choice, and click the connect button at the bottom of FORScan
Once it scans your car and is done, click on the computer chip looking icon "Configuration and Programming"
Then click BdyCM - Central configuration (main), then click the play icon at the bottom

I now can roll up and down my windows from the key fob

I also changed my splash screen to the ST performance using jdubs instructions

:big smile:

·
Registered
68 Posts
How did you save the VBF file to the given directory I can't get that to work

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I finally figured out I had to create the folder CalibrationFiles

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for this! Performed this today and worked like a charm. FORScan was able to download the Secondary Bootloader on its own, too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So this is confirmed for the 2018 model as well?

What do I need to do to disable the double honk when engine is running too?

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
So this is confirmed for the 2018 model as well?

What do I need to do to disable the double honk when engine is running too?
There is a value in one of the modules that you subtract 80 from and it will get rid of the double honk. I just 4 cars at a meet up two weeks ago. I don't remember which module it was, but if you google it it'll come up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So I managed to follow the steps for the global up/down however the up feature isn’t working although the global down works. Any idea why?
2013 ST3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Maybe your FOB?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Have you tried to reinitialise the windows upper and lower position?
Procedure should be something like: Window down, release the button, hold button in down position for 3/5 seconds, release button, window up, release button, hold button in up position for 3/5 seconds. Can find it on the forums here somewere

·
Registered
150 Posts
Procedure should be something like: Window down, release the button, hold button in down position for 3/5 seconds, release button, window up, release button, hold button in up position for 3/5 seconds. Can find it on the forums here somewere
Let me try it and get back to the thread.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So I did that on all four windows. I found the other thread about reinitializing windows however that hasn’t done anything. I’m ok with the status quo. As cool as it would be to be able to shut windows too, in reality - global down is more than enough for a hot day.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I’ll try my other fob and see if it makes a difference.

Worth a shot, hope it works!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Maybe your FOB?
Figured it out!

I used this link: https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus...app-built-editor-all-around-reprogrammer.html

And downloaded latest version of Focccus App.

Turns out that FORScan does NOT have options 2 or 3 available for global windows however the focccus app does.

A quick installation and following the steps from the other thread got the job done! Stoked!

·
Registered
51 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts