Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2017 Ford Focus ST today.
I live in Michigan and Winter months are coming. So I’m trying to find out what people are doing with their STs in these months. I was thinking about finding some Focus SE wheels for my car. But since the Wheel disk and Calipers are some much bigger on the ST I’m not sure if they will fit. Can anyone tell me if they will? Or can anyone who lives in areas where it’s snows a lot tell me what they do in winter time? I’m also thinking of getting an under coat for the car to help stop rust from happening so quickly. So any advice as to what to do during winter times will help a lot.

Thanks Ladies and Gents.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Well, I’m no expert on these forums, however I have 18” ST wheels & 235/40R18 tires on a ‘13 Titanium Hatch & they fit w/o any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you don't really care what they look like I always just go with some basic steelies from TireRack and have them mount the snows.
I did that with my SRT, (mad max look, I called it). But I found some SE Titanium wheels with snow tires already on them , prob 2-3 seasons left on them, for what I would have paid for tires. guy was trading in his ST on a Tesla, and they didn't want the extra wheels

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
The SE sport has nice 17" machined aluminum rims which will fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Everone for the info. I will take a look at those ideas and see what I can find. I like the Rims of the car so don’t want to mess them up during the winter with Snow salt and pot holes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did that with my SRT, (mad max look, I called it). But I found some SE Titanium wheels with snow tires already on them , prob 2-3 seasons left on them, for what I would have paid for tires. guy was trading in his ST on a Tesla, and they didn't want the extra wheels
Nice - you can't beat a good deal. Just thought I would throw out the option; it's amazing how many people don't know about the steelie option with TireRack.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
You are also likely to see stock ST "snowflake" wheels in less than perfect condition come up for sale on your local ST forum fairly regularly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Michigan and Winter months are coming. So I’m trying to find out what people are doing with their STs in these months. I was thinking about finding some Focus SE wheels for my car. But since the Wheel disk and Calipers are some much bigger on the ST I’m not sure if they will fit. Can anyone tell me if they will? Or can anyone who lives in areas where it’s snows a lot tell me what they do in winter time? I’m also thinking of getting an under coat for the car to help stop rust from happening so quickly. So any advice as to what to do during winter times will help a lot.

Thanks Ladies and Gents.
Tomcat,
I purchased a set of Konig Oversteer Opal Wheels (17x8" 5x108mm +45mm offset) These wheels fit perfectly and look great with a set of Blizzak tires and ST 60mm center caps. Almost love the look better than the stock rims. I went with 17" rather than 18" since the 17" Blizzak had about the same diameter as my stock summer only tires. No change in my speedo:)

Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Or can anyone who lives in areas where it’s snows a lot tell me what they do in winter time? I’m also thinking of getting an under coat for the car to help stop rust from happening so quickly. So any advice as to what to do during winter times will help a lot.
I live in Colorado. For my 2013 ST I had the Eagle F1 All Seasons for the first winter season, they were extremely sketchy in the slush and ice. Would definitely not recommend a performance all season like that for snowy winters.
The next winter I got steelies from tire rack (17X7 5-108 ET44) and 215/50 R17 WS80s, the car was a tank through the winter, it was completely stress free driving in the mountains on snow and ice. With profiles like that, it was a notably spongy ride, and had to sacrifice some satisfying cornering for a few months, but never had a better snow set up.

·
Registered
597 Posts

Thanks Ladies and Gents.
I bought a set of the black ones from CJPP (https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...l-18-x8-gloss-black-focus-2012-2018/p/W528-V/) and wrapped them with Blizzak's.
I'm not the biggest fan of black wheels, but the price wasn't too outrageous for new OEM wheels.
Also, these are nice to have as well (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QRVJ7XM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) along with the felt discs to keep them from getting scratched when stacking. I have roll-around dollys that I keep spare stacks on. For home use, the cheap plastic ones work just fine (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753PNNS8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
And don't forget a new set of TPMS

·
Registered
176 Posts
I live in Cincinnati Ohio, I run some TSW wheels with a matte black color to them. I typically stick with an all season tire for winter. I drive my car with that set up year round. I have the mikes car wash unlimited thingy they do, I get choose two portion clear coat and under body in the winter. It’s a 2015, I’ve been driving it daily since day one, with this same set up I haven’t changed anything after the first year and i drove it out of the show room with 3 miles on the clock. I have zero rust underneath the car, my wheels haven’t lost any paint, and it’s all in one piece lol. If you take really good care of it you won’t need to worry about anything. I also park it in my a garage every night which helps a lot.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Man, I forget the things you guys have to go through in cold weather climates. I’m out here in Southern California, so I can run Michelin PSS’s all year w/o issues lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts