Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought a new ST a couple weeks ago and so far loving it.
Already have put Rally Armor mudflaps on it and got the windows tinted.

Now I am looking at upgrading the BPV. Looking to get either a boomba or turbosmart.
Recommendations for either one?

Also looking at RMM's as I have heard the factory ones aren't too great. Boomba or Cobb or other?

Has anyone had any issues with their ST? I will be daily driving mine and putting quite a bit of miles on it so I just wanted to know how the reliability would be.

Also, what other upgrades can I do that won't void the warranty/damage the longevity of the cars life?

Thanks!! IMG_9556.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have the same ST but 16 congrats!! Kona Blue ftw!!
Mine has:
Injen intake (awesome turbo noises and you can hear the stock bpv)
Depo beast intercooler & Pipes (less heat soak more fun)
Ford racing cat back ( sounds so good just not that loud until you get on it which i like)
symposer delete ( i wanted to hear the quiet exhaust lol)
Ngk iridium plugs one step colder from mountune pre gapped ( i think it made a difference plus its reccomended even with the stock tune)
Cobb accessport running 93 stage 2 (definitely put all my mods to good use plus its purrs) ( a tune also gets rid of the annoying rev hang)

I would really recommend getting the intake for the noises!! I havent really considered getting the rmm since it feels like the stock one is enough
for now. i'm debating on the turbosmart bov since i heard that the boomba is too loud. Also debating on getting a catless downpipe with defouler.

Post the progress its always nice to see different setups.
From what i heard about the warranty stuff is it will only void the part youre putting on for example an exhaust.
i stop carrying about the warranty a long time ago and thats when i started to really enjoy the car. i driven the car 19k miles so dont worry it will treat you good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. The only reason I was looking at the boomba over the turbosmart was because the turbo smart apparently needs to be adjusted per elevation and I travel over a mountain quite often so I was iffy on it.

But I also have a green filter on the way just because I like the sound of it and it's cheaper than a whole intake system lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're going to hear more of the bypass valve with the green filter. Considering your situation i'd wait till you drive it around for a week with the green filter then you'll know if need more noise which the next step is just taking off the lid. If you still want a louder sound id say go for the Boomba BOV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts