Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the other post and I have a similar but opposite issue. My climate control module has a mind of its own. The passenger side is cold, like the a/c is on but the driver side is warm. Temps are set to 74 degrees. The fan, intermittently will also vary the speed. One time the module went black screen then came back up it what appeared to be a test mode then went to normal operation. No the auto button is not used or on at the time of this. Took it to the dealer and no issue was found. It is intermittent so I am not surprised. The car is 2017 and has 11,000 miles on it. Now this is where it gets fun. This has nothing to do with the issue but another issue showed up. I went to get my car and they hand me a bill. $75. Because they were not able to duplicate the issue they decided to bill me for it. With out a call or authorization. I kindly reminded them of the law and how illegal it was to pull that. Makes me a bit mad that as a new customer to Ford and to the dealer this is the **** they are doing to their customers. I just happen to be a season mechanic and knew better. Just not sure where to go from here with this issue or is anyone knows of the fix is. To me it seems like the controller is faulty. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would guess they do not LIKE you. (charging you for nothing...)
Try some other dealer in the future.

I have a total of over TEN Ford dealers in my Metro area.
I drive ten miles to a dealer one city over to buy and service my car.
Because they are that much better than all the rest.
I used to have one nearer. But they have slowly fallen in my estimation.

As for the climate control.. electrical gremlins are a PITA for the owner and the dealer.
I would guess loose wire connector in the dash someplace.

One day half of my dash went dead. The warranty work was to TAKE THE PASSENGER SEAT OUT TO CHECK THE PLUG UNDER THE CARPET.
SO how some plug under the passenger seat could screw the dash gauges????
Go figure.
nyway, it solved the issue. And no more problems.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've had some intermittent issues with mine as well. I turn it off with both on low, turn it on the next day and they are on hi and blowing at hurricane force.
one time they would not go to the same temperature, one would be 5 degrees off and wouldn't close the gap

its few and far in between for it to happen but when it does its annoying

·
Registered
231 Posts
My climate control was super wonky from the day I bought the car. It would do hot air on me and cold on the passenger when set to all AC. I took it back to the dealer 4 times and the 3rd time they got it fixed. They had been replacing actuators but they ended up changing the whole climate control "Brain" under warranty and it's been good to go since (currently at 55k). *knocks on wood*

They did manage to break one of the air bags and I had to go back to have that changed, hence the 4 visits.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
re: them charging you a fee...

I had a dealer try to tell me there could be a diagnostic charge when I brought in my 6 month old ST that threw a SERVICE NOW engine fault one morning on the way to work. They said if it was found that I did something to cause the fault, I'd be charged $95 for the diagnostic.

Obviously I protested and eventually got passed on to the service manager who quickly diffused the situation and said there would be no charge for reading the fault.

They'll try anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts