Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME

I am a new owner of a 2017 focus se sedan its a 3 cyl. 1 liter with an ecoboost package. I've been looking online for someone that has put any kind of lip kits, bumpers or anything on one but I cant seem to find any. I'm wondering if an oem set of focus st sideskirts would fit on my 2017 sedan. And I'm looking for a rear bumper that I can put on my car that would not need the centered exhaust like the ST has. I have a full warranty still and I'm not looking to void my exhaust manifold warranty. At least until I hit 36k miles. I also have a set of these 18" wheels that I think come stock on some 2015 ST's. Can anyone help me out and post any pictures/videos/knowledge for me. Thanks. **Below I have provided an exact google image of my car, as well as the wheels I am wanting to put on** 2013-Ford-Focus-ST-wheels.jpg 2017-Ford-Focus-front-three-quarter.jpg

·
Registered
917 Posts
OP, simply out of curiosity why did you not just buy a ST?

·
Registered
704 Posts
There's the sport package for the SE, I believe it's called, which comes with painted skirts and lower bumpers. I occasionally catch one on the road out of the corner of my eye and think it's an ST before getting a full look at it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am 20 yrs old and this is my first car. and for financial reasoning I could only get the SE sedan. And I have looked all over for a sedan kit to throw on it so its more of a car that suits my style. I'm not all about it being fast. I want it to be different. But are you sure that there is a kit for the Sedan or the SE hatch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am 20 yrs old and this is my first car. and for financial reasoning I could only get the SE sedan. And I have looked all over for a sedan kit to throw on it so its more of a car that suits my style. I'm not all about it being fast. I want it to be different. But are you sure that there is a kit for the Sedan or the SE hatch?
If somebody could help me out a bit and find a 2017 SEDAN sport body kit for me, Id appreciate it. OR at least let me know if ST body parts would fit on the Sedan (IF SO what years of the ST would fit) Ive seen ST sedan builds but not anywhere close to my town so I have no examples to go off of. All I have is google and my cars a 2017 so its hard to find things about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you would read my last reply, I do not financially have the money for the Monthly payments for the car not and or the insurance. I did not mean for this post to be directed at my "poor choice" in what I wanted to buy. I posted this for criticism on the wheels I have to put on my car, AND for help looking for body parts for my car. PLEASE understand I do not just want the same ST everyone has. If you knew me, youd know why Id like to have the ST sedan build. Yes, it takes money, and time. but it is worth having something unique and different from others. So please forgive me for posting ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME should've clarified that I don't care what people thing about my financial situation. I'm here for help.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you would read my last reply, I do not financially have the money for the Monthly payments for the car not and or the insurance. I did not mean for this post to be directed at my "poor choice" in what I wanted to buy. I posted this for criticism on the wheels I have to put on my car, AND for help looking for body parts for my car. PLEASE understand I do not just want the same ST everyone has. If you knew me, youd know why Id like to have the ST sedan build. Yes, it takes money, and time. but it is worth having something unique and different from others. So please forgive me for posting ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME should've clarified that I don't care what people thing about my financial situation. I'm here for help.
Ive got some ST snowflake wheels for sale if you're interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
As I recall, the front and sides of the sedan and hatchback are the same. The Rear of the sedan is longer, so the ST rear bumper wouldn't fit anyways. This style of focus has been out since 2012, so you could look at older models and scrounge salvage yards. Or search online for aftermarket, but I don't see too many people on this website changing their bumpers or side skirts too much, so expect that option to be pricey. Also, expand your search to Europe, like Britain, where the Focus is more popular. They do like to add spliters to the front and I think I've seen side spliters too for ST's. You may be able to find rear diffusers for the back bumper also, but once again I think that they are ST specific. Those may or may not work for you.

Wheels. I like the snowflake wheels. The 2013-14 wheels are bright silver. 15 to present are a darker grey. In 2014 the grey color was introduced as optional, so it's a cross over year. And aftermarket, you can get the snowflakes in black from Ford Racing. If you like black, I'd go that route. I see them for $190 each. Alternatively, you can strike a deal with someone here or hunt local craigslist market. For a good set of snowflakes expect to pay $400. I've seen good clean sets go for as little as $350 and as much as $800. With used wheels, you take a bit of risk, so buyer beware. I've been lucky so far.

Making it your own and being to young to afford performance? Been there and done that. My first "newish" car was a 93 mustang LX with a 2.3L 4 cyl. I couldn't afford the 5.0 and even if could have, the insurance payments would have killed me at 22 years old. The first thing I did was track down a set of Mustang GT turbine wheels, which were big 15x7's and mount some 215/55r15. Going from the stock 185/70r14's, I thought it was pretty amazing! At least until I realized that the heavier wheels and wider tires actually made me even slower, and that car was not fast.

As time went by and I mastered driving my car, I began to learn the down side of owning a base model. I did lots of research and cost assessments. Power upgrades, like adding turbo, were out of the question because neighter the engine, transmission or rear differential could take over 160 lbs of torque, and I already had 130 stock. Suspension/brakes was the same story. I had different wheel hubs, brake mounts, control arms, sway bars and spring rates. Although I loved that car, my ability out grew it and the only thing that the car had in common with the 5.0 model was the interior and the chassis. (And in hatchback form, that chassis was known for it's flex, so it wasn't the best choice.) Mechanically, upgrading any of the drivetrain, suspension or braking components rapidly lead me to the conclusion that selling the car and buying a 5.0 was the better investment. So I moved on.

Many of the folks on this website are serious performance enthusiasts, who will cut through the chase and recommend the grippiest tire, lightest wheels, biggest turbo, best tune, etc... and consider all other options substandard and a waste of time. If you are going to the track, this is great advice. But if you are just doing your own thing, don't be surprised by the bluntness of the internet. Net-etiquette is not the same as face-to-face conversation. I like that you are doing your own thing. If you want to keep the cost down on modding your car, be prepared to buy stuff second hand or explore salvage yards. I get what you are doing and it's a lot of fun. My last sports car was a 2004 Pontiac GTO. Great car. Fast, handled good and could cruise for hours in comfort. But I never loved that car like I loved my 93' 4 cyl. Mustang, even though the GTO was superior in every way.

Go do your own thing, because it's your experience with your car.

·
Registered
704 Posts
The SE is a perfectly fine car and my 2012 was bulletproof and averaged around 35 mpg for 200k miles before it was totaled (stick shift, though, so none of the DCT issues to worry about). Really, my biggest complaints were the stability control couldn't be shut off and the electronic throttle hesitation (which I would hope they fixed as the ST doesn't have it).

Just looked on the Ford site and I don't see the sport package or whatever it was called now, so they might have killed it for this year. My 2012 had the sport package which, for then, was painted grilles, rear discs, and 16" alloys. When I bought the ST last summer, I also looked at another SE and noticed that the rear discs now came under a different package name (Ecoboost Appearance Package, I believe, but that is definitely what they call it now) and I'm pretty sure the Sport Package for the newer ones was what they called an appearance package of painted skirts all around. I don't see too many with this appearance package, so maybe that's why they canceled it? Too bad, because I think it looked a lot better. Anyway, here's some photos of it that I found on Google:

maxresdefault.jpg

2015-ford-focus-se-ecoboost-bear-mountain-state-park-ny-may-2015_100510546_m.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@bobharly I have noticed though that on the 2014 I think it is, the ford logo that is on the front end of the car is actually on the front bumper but the hood has a small cutout for where the emblem sits. It's just a little bit different than my car hood and bumper. I just want as much knowledge about the sideskrits, bumpers, and interior as I can get. I do understand where people are coming from about my car not ever going to be an "ST" its not that I WANT it to be an ST, its the fact that I don't think there are any sport packages/kits for my car so far, so the ST route would be the best to go for now, plus I could always remove the ST badges off of the parts I add. Just to give it more of my own kind of feel to the car, make It a little more desirable, as well as a head turner for the town that I live in. Nobody has to know its not fast, as I have no intentions on racing it. I just want it to be unique. I really appreciate your opinion, now I just need help finding some parts for cheap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The SE is a perfectly fine car and my 2012 was bulletproof and averaged around 35 mpg for 200k miles before it was totaled (stick shift, though, so none of the DCT issues to worry about). Really, my biggest complaints were the stability control couldn't be shut off and the electronic throttle hesitation (which I would hope they fixed as the ST doesn't have it).

Just looked on the Ford site and I don't see the sport package or whatever it was called now, so they might have killed it for this year. My 2012 had the sport package which, for then, was painted grilles, rear discs, and 16" alloys. When I bought the ST last summer, I also looked at another SE and noticed that the rear discs now came under a different package name (Ecoboost Appearance Package, I believe, but that is definitely what they call it now) and I'm pretty sure the Sport Package for the newer ones was what they called an appearance package of painted skirts all around. I don't see too many with this appearance package, so maybe that's why they canceled it? Too bad, because I think it looked a lot better. Anyway, here's some photos of it that I found on Google:

View attachment 269106

View attachment 269114
Well, I have the ecoboost appearance package but I do not have the painted skirts and bumpers.. I thought about painting the trim that comes in black plastic but It wouldn't look as good as an actual kit

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have some spare ST badges laying around if you really want to look the part.

Also, as others have said, you will find more help on the other focus forums. Focus fanatics has quite a few people that mod SEs. Over here you will just get mostly ridicule for not laying down nearly double the cash and getting an ST.

Reactions: Bradley
1 - 13 of 13 Posts