Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've searched on google and of course this forum for awhile, but haven't found too much info on aftermarket support for 2017 ST, I know the year just started but I'm curious if anyone has any info ? I found a few things on Mountune which was awesome because that's who I plan on going with when it comes to tuning. Anyways just wanted to know if anyone knows of any other vendors

·
Registered
13 Posts
Only thing that will be different as far as I've seen are Cobb "off the shelf" tunes. Otherwise they are the same mechanically as the 15/16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
hopefully we get more support for the platform in "2017" :D

·
Registered
660 Posts
Talking about aftermarket parts for the 2017 when there are still so many parts made for the 13/14 year model that have not or have just come to market for the 15/16 model. The 2017 has been out for what, 1 month? Honestly?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talking about aftermarket parts for the 2017 when there are still so many parts made for the 13/14 year model that have not or have just come to market for the 15/16 model. The 2017 has been out for what, 1 month? Honestly?
Like I said in my post I know it's early I'm just curious if there is any, being my first focus st I didn't know if there was any mechanical differences.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Like I said in my post I know it's early I'm just curious if there is any, being my first focus st I didn't know if there was any mechanical differences.
Sorry. I sometimes forget that text does not covey tone. Not meant to be a bash on you.

·
Super Moderator
8,528 Posts
They need to make aftermarket led tail light for the 15-16 already! :mad:
Cool...he asks what is available and gets what is not! (no offense intended, just made me chuckle!)

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
What are you trying to do that's not supported? There is no change to aftermarket parts from the 13 to now. Only difference from the early cars is they are uglier and have a sensor on the intake tube that wasn't there in 13-14. Everything else will fit.

·
Registered
660 Posts
What are you trying to do that's not supported? There is no change to aftermarket parts from the 13 to now. Only difference from the early cars is they are uglier and have a sensor on the intake tube that wasn't there in 13-14. Everything else will fit.
This is just not true. While most of the car is the same from the 13/14 to the 15/16/17, the front and rear bumper, fog lights, headlights, taillights, rear hatch, intake map sensor, and intake (reference cpe CAI, one for 13/14, different for 15+) are all different. Also, I saw a chrome Steeda engine cover that only fits the 13/14 so I think there has to be a slight difference there as well (might be related to the intake).

·
Premium Member
13,736 Posts
The intakes are different because of the sensor after the filter and the added sensor between the valve cover and intake. This changed for the 15+. Lowering spring also changed a couple times if I remember correctly.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
This is just not true. While most of the car is the same from the 13/14 to the 15/16/17, the front and rear bumper, fog lights, headlights, taillights, rear hatch, intake map sensor, and intake (reference cpe CAI, one for 13/14, different for 15+) are all different. Also, I saw a chrome Steeda engine cover that only fits the 13/14 so I think there has to be a slight difference there as well (might be related to the intake).
Like I said they got a sensor on the intake tube so older tubes will not work. Yes the body changed but IC's and everything else will work. I've worked on 13-16 cars.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
The intakes are different because of the sensor after the filter and the added sensor between the valve cover and intake. This changed for the 15+. Lowering spring also changed a couple times if I remember correctly.

Sent from another garage.
Exactly. They got a sensor on the tube. The spring perch changed in mid 14 and is the same as the 15+.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mostly just suspension and handling, not for AutoX or anything like that just a fun daily.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts