Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a stock 2016 ST suspension for next to nothing as I had plans to put lowering springs on the struts and keep my 2013 for a stock set. My question is has anyone on here swapped the new st suspension with the old? From the info I've found on here the only difference is the spring perch on the early 13's is different and since I plan on replacing the entire strut I figured I'd avoid this problem. Curious if anyone has any other information for me on whether or not it'll work out.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
You can run the 16 dampers on your 13, but you must use 14+ lowering springs with the 16 dampers as 13 springs will not work on the 16 front dampers. Also keep in mind the 16 dampers aren't that much better if at all than the 13 dampers, and will be a crap shoot with regards to longevity when paired with lowering springs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can run the 16 dampers on your 13, but you must use 14+ lowering springs with the 16 dampers as 13 springs will not work on the 16 front dampers. Also keep in mind the 16 dampers aren't that much better if at all than the 13 dampers, and will be a crap shoot with regards to longevity when paired with lowering springs.
I'm aware of the longevity issue but, hell I got the suspension for 35 bucks and figured why not

1 - 3 of 3 Posts