Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I found a 2016 ST3 with 23k miles for 19.5k. It looks to be in really good condition. I am guessing someone used it for a long commute. From what I understand, the original warranty will transfer. Is this correct? Am I still eligible to buy an extended warranty from Ford? Is there any package that covers the clutch? That's really my biggest concern.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just picked up a '15 ST3 with 15K miles. I got lucky because I wouldn't have sneezed at the difference if the car (was in good shape and properly maintained) had 30K miles on it. I've had several cars that were either knocking on the door or had gone through the threshold of 200K.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
It's a lot for a car that was driven for less than a year, by most standards.
I see where your coming from. I bought my new in may of last year but I also commute 65 miles a day with occasional weekend trips. 90 percent of my driving is 65 to 70 mph with maybe 10 t9 15 minutes stop and go traffic. I would also "assume" if it was a commuter car the clutch would be in decent shape

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Clutch should last close to 120k miles or more before needing replacement..
If you are purchasing from Ford dealer, you should be able to purchase an extended warranty. There are 3rd party warranties you can buy as well.

Good luck with your search.

PS: the average miles driven in the US is about 11K/yr for a daily driven car..

·
Banned
3,029 Posts
Hello,

I found a 2016 ST3 with 23k miles for 19.5k. It looks to be in really good condition. I am guessing someone used it for a long commute. From what I understand, the original warranty will transfer. Is this correct? Am I still eligible to buy an extended warranty from Ford? Is there any package that covers the clutch? That's really my biggest concern.
dud I track my car and i am about to hit 90k miles on a 2013 and i am still on the stock clutch.

·
Banned
3,029 Posts
It's a lot for a car that was driven for less than a year, by most standards.
I drive 30k miles a year on every car. they are all highway miles, so when you see a car that has high miles in a year you can bet they took long trips across the country or had a 50-75 mile one way commute. don't worry about it. now if it was an uber car in LA or new york, then worry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now, it seems like the car took some hail damage in all of these storms today. Maybe I can negotiate a better price.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
38,380 and counting.

6th day of ownership made five passes on slicks, also has been tuned since the 6th day of ownership.

40 drag strip passes all on slicks, PB in the sig. Uber 3 evenings a week since purchased and my other job requires for me to travel as well, up to about 50 miles a day.

Stock clutch = 1.7x 60 ft times

1 - 13 of 13 Posts