Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the partial leather Recaro's and the driver side is developing a very annoying popping sound. When I depress the clutch, I hear a loud pop under my thigh at the end of the seat it feels like. Doesn't happen every shift. Usually while braking and/or turning. I've seen a few threads on rattling seats (passenger side rattles with no weight) or shifting seats, but I don't think I've come across a solution for the seat pop. Has anyone else seen this and fixed it? It's starting to drive me up a wall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the bushings underneath need to be lubricated, i figured it out today will be doing mine tonight. hope that helps you.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bushings underneath need to be lubricated, i figured it out today will be doing mine tonight. hope that helps you.
Where are the bushings? On the track, under the cushion, etc?

·
Registered
86 Posts
This happens to me with ST3 seats. I can move the seat bottom bolster (center console side) with my hand and make it pop. It happens naturally when driving like you said.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
The day you guys ever hear the annoying passenger side ticking noise you'll understand real pain

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The day you guys ever hear the annoying passenger side ticking noise you'll understand real pain
Mine does that too....... It sits there and visibly rattles with no one in it. It is so damn annoying. I love how the seats feel, but man do they sound cheap

Reactions: brian60
1 - 6 of 6 Posts