Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have been working on switching most of my lights over to LED. I cant seem to find LED bulbs that will work for the front turn signals. im also trying to stay away from ebay crap. had those in my last vehicle and they would only last about a year if that before they would start screwing up.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Aaron

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey guys i have been working on switching most of my lights over to LED. I cant seem to find LED bulbs that will work for the front turn signals. im also trying to stay away from ebay crap. had those in my last vehicle and they would only last about a year if that before they would start screwing up.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Aaron
Check diode dynamics. You'll also need the resistors because the LEDs use less power than the standard bulb which will make them flash quicker. CJ pony parts sells the diode kit on their site.

After having bought many different led lights from different places I've come to terms with you get what you pay for. So spend a little extra for a higher quality product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
You'll also need the relays because the LEDs use less power than the standard bulb which will make them flash quicker.
resistors, not relays.

load resistors are what you need to simulate the resistance the filament in a standard bulb has to the computer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
resistors, not relays.

load resistors are what you need to simulate the resistance the filament in a standard bulb has to the computer.
Corrected, and that's what I meant. Just had brain fart moment. Thank you.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Check diode dynamics. You'll also need the resistors because the LEDs use less power than the standard bulb which will make them flash quicker. CJ pony parts sells the diode kit on their site.

After having bought many different led lights from different places I've come to terms with you get what you pay for. So spend a little extra for a higher quality product.

I believe DD also has the resisters as well :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts