Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate post, but I have searched the forum and cannot locate any specific information on this topic. Does anyone know what wiring harness/interface adapters I will need to swap out the factory Sync with the 4.2" screen to an aftermarket double-din stereo in the 2016 ST1? I have searched these forums, Crutchfield's website, Metra's website, Scosche's website, iDatalink's website (for Maestro), but none of them have anything listed for wiring for the ST1 with Sync 4.2". I have tried a local chain audio installation place and they said they can't do it because they can't find the parts. I checked with a nationwide electronics store that does car audio installations and have been told by one installer that they can do it and that I just need a wiring the Metra wiring harness and no interface box, and that they can splice into the wires to make the backup camera functional, but then a different installer told me that no, I have to have the Maestro wiring harness and interface box.

Can anyone provide any clarity on this?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
there in not a dash kit yet for the face lift models. so since no one has made a dash kit yet, no one has bothered to test out to figure out the data for a replacement module for a harness.

as long as the first installer knows that that there is a difference between a 13/14 and a 15+ even though they both look similar, the wiring itself ain't nothing that cant be figured out, of course there are normal speaker wires, a 12v constant and ground all behind the radio, and ACC can be easily found and ran over from the BCM. as for the camera, all you would need is the OEM wiring diagram to see which wires are the power wires and which wires are the signal, reverse trigger is easy to find and run up. so yeah it could be done without a smart harness like the maestro, but its a lot more labor intensive and would definitely raise the install cost. the trick is getting it to fit in there right with out a dash kit... of course, for the right price, anything can be fabricated. also, I would imagine that with out the smart harness, it might be tricky to get full, some or any functionality out of the OEM screen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there in not a dash kit yet for the face lift models. so since no one has made a dash kit yet, no one has bothered to test out to figure out the data for a replacement module for a harness.

as long as the first installer knows that that there is a difference between a 13/14 and a 15+ even though they both look similar, the wiring itself ain't nothing that cant be figured out, of course there are normal speaker wires, a 12v constant and ground all behind the radio, and ACC can be easily found and ran over from the BCM. as for the camera, all you would need is the OEM wiring diagram to see which wires are the power wires and which wires are the signal, reverse trigger is easy to find and run up. so yeah it could be done without a smart harness like the maestro, but its a lot more labor intensive and would definitely raise the install cost. the trick is getting it to fit in there right with out a dash kit... of course, for the right price, anything can be fabricated. also, I would imagine that with out the smart harness, it might be tricky to get full, some or any functionality out of the OEM screen.
Thank you for the response! If the installer is just going to tap into existing wires, I might go ahead and do the install myself. As far as the dash kit goes, Scosche now offers one for the 15+ models, which I was pleasantly surprised to see. FD6215B | by Scosche

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thank you for the response! If the installer is just going to tap into existing wires, I might go ahead and do the install myself. As far as the dash kit goes, Scosche now offers one for the 15+ models, which I was pleasantly surprised to see. FD6215B | by Scosche
I don't know about yours, but my '15 has no use for a door lock button on the dash. The picture in the link you attached is still for the earlier models, so I wouldn't trust in what the description reads:
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
yeah, I do think Scosche mis-labled that kit as it does look like its made for preface lift foci, but that is just speculation since the two panels look to be very close and I'm not really sure what the difference is between the two as I have never had two side by side to compare them to each other. the lock switch is a dead give away that makes me think its the wrong kit as the post face lift wound't have anything to plug into there.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
also, if that kit does happen to be right, while it doesn't look like it much in that picture, it does look very odd in the car as the radio part sticks out really far from the dash when looking at it from the side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This works, but you will lose the backup camera.

Connects2 Ltd

I found someone that was selling it on ebay. It took awhile to get through customs but other than that, everything went fairly smoothly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have actually ordered that dash kit and received it in. It says it is for the 2015 and up Focus SE. My ST does not have the lock buttons on the dash either, however, it does have the hazard button on the dash, and from what I gather, you can use that dash kit, you would just plug in the hazard button, not the lock button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts