Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any replacement lower rear valance for the 2016 fost? hate the look of the stock

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do these fit the 2016?

·
Registered
395 Posts
everything posted in this thread fits the 15-17 ST

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
VelossaTech diffuser fins help the look a lot:
I think its more having a dark colored car helps a lot,m when you have a white car, all the black plastic just sticks worse than a VTEC badge on the back...

I've just been thinking I may need to find a 13-14 bumper to swap out (if it even fits)

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've just been thinking I may need to find a 13-14 bumper to swap out (if it even fits)
They dont. The entire rear is different

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I think its more having a dark colored car helps a lot,m when you have a white car, all the black plastic just sticks worse than a VTEC badge on the back...

Word, I think the white looks better back there :) to each his own

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
They dont. The entire rear is different
what parts are different? is the body really that different? weird that the body is similar enough that the front bumpers (along with headlights and hood) can be swapped between the two but the rears can't :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
The 15 up model has smaller taillights thus the taillight pockets of the rear quarter panels are different. This is the reason bumpers cant be swapped If you did fashion a 13-14 bumper on a 15 up there would be a 2" gap left under the taillight. I thought at least the valence portion of the bumper could be swapped between years but nope there is a differences is how far they wrap around down by the reflector. After finding this out I went the loder 1899 route. westside.jpg

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
well since the front bumper swap requires the headlights to also be swapped, would it work if the taillights were also swapped?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
not that its really that big of a deal because at that point, the prices will probably be close to each other and the Loder lip does look very good on there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A guy local to me did a RS conversion. He said it was a straight swap but the exhaust had to be reworked. I don't have pics but here's a video LOL.

*edit: i recall him saying he's on here. dunno where his thread is though. and he also mentioned that there's a long wait to get this specific part lol*

1 - 20 of 22 Posts