Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys has anyone else done anything to the rear bumper in a 2016 to remove the cheap looking plastic? I was thinking potentially "ricing" with fake carbon fiber wrapping it. I just hate the way the plastic is so dull compared to my shiny KB paint. Also was considering adding a cover to the rear two reflectors. Any ideas? 4b760a60933f811e98d8fec007039292.png

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
yeah, a lot of people are getting the much better looking and expensive lower valance.

I also have been throwing around the idea of just painting mine body color (OW) this is the one part where I think the 13-14s look so much better and the face lift screwed it up.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I saw one person who painted his gloss black and even that was an improvement, I also thought about painting mine race red to match but idk.
Yeah, Facelift front with 13-14 rear is the best!
I'd even be open to trade someone for their non ST rear ffs. I have honestly no idea what the engineers were smoking when they came up with this rear lower bumper design.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
37 Posts
I saw one person who painted his gloss black and even that was an improvement, I also thought about painting mine race red to match but idk.
Yeah, Facelift front with 13-14 rear is the best!
I'd even be open to trade someone for their non ST rear ffs. I have honestly no idea what the engineers were smoking when they came up with this rear lower bumper design.
I'll be doing the gloss black way. Just had the front three trim pieces painted gloss black. 20171124_155406[1].jpg 20171124_155414[1].jpg

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Reactions: oVrKiLL

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think most people can agree that the rear of the 3.5s are ugly compared to the 3rd gens. I've been thinking about doing the SS tuning option along with an RS wing when funds come around.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My body guy is moulding the lower half of a 13-14 to the upper half of the 15-16 rear bumper... FTW

I like the gloss black on the trim, I did mine as well 20171107_132244.jpg

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Did y'all take it to a paint shop and have them do the painting? The gloss black looks great on the fog light surrounds.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yea, I had a local shop do it all. I tried, but it came out looking not great. I know they sanded the crap out of all the pieces before they painted them.

·
Registered
2017 MM ST3
473 Posts
Nope, carbon fiber patterned.
oh sh!t I didnt even notice! I've never seen someone with a carbon fiber one before. I think I like my painted one better... it does look good tho! :) did you put the maxton badge on or did it come that way?

·
Registered
29 Posts
oh sh!t I didnt even notice! I've never seen someone with a carbon fiber one before. I think I like my painted one better... it does look good tho! :) did you put the maxton badge on or did it come that way?
It came that way. I bought it off an ST Facebook group, got a killer deal on it. I did a quick photoshop of it painted, and it didn't make enough of a difference for me to worry about it.
InkedRear_Painted_LI.jpg

·
Registered
2017 MM ST3
473 Posts
It came that way. I bought it off an ST Facebook group, got a killer deal on it. I did a quick photoshop of it painted, and it didn't make enough of a difference for me to worry about it.
View attachment 361027
damn you're lucky. how much you get it for? I'd have to take off that badge if it were me, it would drive me crazy lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts