Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my names Reuben & i own a 2016 ford focus st. everything has been running fine but im having some slight squeaking coming from the bay it sounds like. mainly when i lightly tap the gas pedal or if im shifting i would get this squeaking sound. i took a video maybe that will help. can anyone help please & thank you. (also squeaks while driving over any type of bumps as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey my names Reuben & i own a 2016 ford focus st. everything has been running fine but im having some slight squeaking coming from the bay it sounds like. mainly when i lightly tap the gas pedal or if im shifting i would get this squeaking sound. i took a video maybe that will help. can anyone help please & thank you. (also squeaks while driving over any type of bumps as well.
Not sure to post the video but if anyone can help, i can send you the video for better understanding. also letting off the has pedal causes the squeaking as well. please help!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Are there any mods?

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Squeaking when you tap the gas makes me think mounts, there are three. One on the passenger side that’s visible from the top, one under the battery box, and one on the lower middle of the transmission. See if any of them are worn.

Also might as well see if that intake is fully tightened down properly.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Yes only mod is a turbo smart BOV. & a roush cat back exhaust
It's not a BOV sound is it? Also I'd check all the exhaust hanger mounts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It depends, metal squeaking sound or inside plastic panel.

Usually my case I give that plastic part serval hard punch it will stop squeaking but might need reuse this method once a week.

As for metal might be exhaust vibration and touch the heat shield.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,553 Posts
There was a thread about this from way back addressing that it was something with the factory airbox squeaking as the engine torques. I want to say it was fixed with several people by putting a rubber safe grease (like dielectric grease) on the posts of the lower airbox where they push into the rubber mounts.
Mine makes this noise when its cold. I figured id grease the posts next time i had the airbox out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts