Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I purchased my 2016 Focus ST (ST2) in august of 2016 and have been experiencing wear and tear on the Recaro seats. The bolstering and seat form itself is fine and in good shape. But the leather on the seat is beginning to wear away and degrade. The leather isn't becoming dry and cracking like i have seen for other customers. The leather is almost like its rubbing away and feels rough almost like the cloth inserts on the seat. This is happening on both the driver seat and on the passenger seat but not as much wear on the passenger seat which is almost never used. I don't wear clothing that is rough on the seats which was my first thought.

I am incurring to see if this is happening to anyone else. And what i could do about it whether its take it to ford or a way to prevent the wear or slow it. Thank you for your time and any advice would help.
Vehicle Car Mid-size car Car seat cover Leather

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks like you are sliding across the bolster when you are entering and exiting the car. These stick out more than most other cars, and will be subject to that happening if the driver isn't aware of it. Alter your technique a bit, and it won't get any worse.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Get in with no pants on! Mine doing the same, periodically I hit it with leather conditioner and when Pay attention when I get in and out

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hit those suckers with some leather conditioner a few times a month, try to keep em nice and soft and that shouldnt happen. Other than that if Recaro used a low quality leather all you can really do is take good care of them and hope for the best.. Im definitely not a fan of maintaining leather..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had this happen on my '11 Gen Coupe Track, which also had pretty prominent side bolsters. It had gotten bad enough that the dye for the leather was fading (can't tell if you're having that same issue from the photo, but it looks like it might be starting).

Anyway, I used Fiebing's Leather Dye to restore the color and Doc Marten's Wonder Balsam to condition and help restore the finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts