Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kind of surprised that this hasn't gotten more views. Im biased, of course, but I really thought the video was well done and I was looking forward to the opinions of the members on the forum... oh well

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think it was a good effort, and certainly better than I could do, but there were some things that I feel could be improved.

Panning shots are great and a good way to give videos a more quality appearance, and there was a good mixture of shots that were not the main focus (haha) of the video. However, a few of the panning shots were a little bit jerky and the rate varied inconsistently throughout the pan in a somewhat distracting fashion at times. In some shots where the car was moving, the initial framing was off (e.g., too much space behind the car with its nose cut off) and then the panning speed did not match the speed of the car. While that is fine to some extent (e.g., if you want the car to drive off the scene or if you want to pan away from the vehicle), the inconsistency with which it was done felt a little distracting.

A few of the shots of the car had the wheels clocked the wrong way (e.g., too much tire showing, not enough wheel). It's a small thing, but makes a big difference.

Probably the biggest thing that I feel could be improved was the white balance of the video. The yellow cast from the lights was way overpowering and took away from the video itself. Adjusting for this in post will make the video heaps better IMO. Sometimes the white balance can be thrown off intentionally to add a "mood" to the video, but in this case I did not feel like that was what was intended. In addition, a few of the shots were quite underexposed and made the car look black. Get that sorted out so Kona can really shine :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts