Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum and had a question. I've looked through the forums already and find that people are having idle problems or the vehicle shutting off while driving. I haven't had those problems yet but what does happen is when there is wheel spin IE trying to do a burn out or even if there is a dip in the road that causes loss of traction for a bit my car dies. I thought it was traction control but it even does it with it off. I'm afraid that because I live in the mid west that when it snows I'm gonna have this constant issue. Anyone that has any insight?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
687 Posts
Dude. You need to take that thing to the dealership.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any wheel spin causes the car to die. Threw a code once but of course as soon as I get to the dealer the light shuts off.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Sounds like a software bug. Definitely get that to a dealership, nothing else can be said about this really.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Yeah that is strange and definitely needs to be addressed. Try to catch it on video so you can share it with your dealer and here on the forum.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum and had a question. I've looked through the forums already and find that people are having idle problems or the vehicle shutting off while driving. I haven't had those problems yet but what does happen is when there is wheel spin IE trying to do a burn out or even if there is a dip in the road that causes loss of traction for a bit my car dies. I thought it was traction control but it even does it with it off. I'm afraid that because I live in the mid west that when it snows I'm gonna have this constant issue. Anyone that has any insight? Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I fear mine is going to do the same thing. No word from Ford on mine. My RPMs randomly drop to 500 and my car shakes.

I reported mine to the US government since my dealer doesn't know what to do about it and Ford corporate ignored my pleas for assistance.

I'm thinking class action suit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gonna be bringing it in soon. Hopefully it'll be fixed. I'll post when I find what they say?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah sounds really bad, also unusual. Been a part of the ST community for a little over a year now and never heard of this before. Keep us updated please

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fear mine is going to do the same thing. No word from Ford on mine. My RPMs randomly drop to 500 and my car shakes.

I reported mine to the US government since my dealer doesn't know what to do about it and Ford corporate ignored my pleas for assistance.

I'm thinking class action suit.

Ive only had my 2016 for 3 months and twice while sitting with the engine idling in neutral the RPMs dropped very low to the point the care shuddered and then revved itself back up like it almost stalled. I was going to wait to see if it was just a fluke but I'm beginning to think this may turn into more of a problem.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have had my 2016 for 8 months and never had an engine issue. Only issue I keep having is the sync with my phone. Annoying but not huge problem.
As far as will spin then dying, only time I have experienced that is when I'm letting off the gas and not engaging the clutch while stepping on the brake so the car would just die.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ive only had my 2016 for 3 months and twice while sitting with the engine idling in neutral the RPMs dropped very low to the point the care shuddered and then revved itself back up like it almost stalled. I was going to wait to see if it was just a fluke but I'm beginning to think this may turn into more of a problem.

TSB 16-0025
2015-2016 Focus ST- 2.0L GTDI-May Experience Idle Speed Dips - Possible MIL AndDTCs P2610 And/or P08B9
Some 2015-2016 Focus ST vehicles equipped with 2.0L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine may exhibit an engine speed dip with or without an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) and/or diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)P2610 and/or P08B9 stored in powertrain control module (PCM) memory. Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 99.02 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com.
See TSB for complete details

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have had my 2016 for 8 months and never had an engine issue. Only issue I keep having is the sync with my phone. Annoying but not huge problem.
As far as will spin then dying, only time I have experienced that is when I'm letting off the gas and not engaging the clutch while stepping on the brake so the car would just die.
Hi Ogbatman,

I'd like to help with your SYNC concern. What issues are you currently experiencing?

Cara

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Ogbatman,

I'd like to help with your SYNC concern. What issues are you currently experiencing?

Cara
I have a Iphone 6

It just randomly wont connect via bluetooth, or the phone will connect but my steering wheel controls wont work.
I connect my phone using the USB cord but sync doesnt recognize it but it still charges the phone.
Will play music from phone then just randomly stop for no reason will have to hit the play button on the radio or phone to start music again.
Sometimes cant find the phone have to manually link it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have similar issues with my LG phone but it is mostly when I am trying to use Pandora.

Sometimes the phone will not pair automatically and sometimes when I try to pair it manually it does nothing.

Pandora drops out a lot, Sirius does it too and it will default to FM radio.

I have a few other issues that I end up doing a hard reset (hold the right seek and the power button for 30 seconds). It's annoying but not enough to bring it to the dealer.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have similar issues with my LG phone but it is mostly when I am trying to use Pandora.

Sometimes the phone will not pair automatically and sometimes when I try to pair it manually it does nothing.

Pandora drops out a lot, Sirius does it too and it will default to FM radio.

I have a few other issues that I end up doing a hard reset (hold the right seek and the power button for 30 seconds). It's annoying but not enough to bring it to the dealer.
Yeah I did the reset on mine when it just stopped looking for the phone a couple of week ago. But yeah I dont think it likes the streaming apps because that when it gets all touchy.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts