Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 MK3 Focus ST for a few years now. I use to love the recaro bucket seats, but after quitting smoking and having kids I kind of left myself go and gained some weight (uhhhhhhh), to the point where I’m just not comfortable in the car. Anyone know if there cheap Flat seats or not as aggressive as the recaros I could get used? Would any Ford Focus seats fit? I don’t care for looks I just want to be comfortable. I’m willing to trade my recaro seats with someone who has flat cloth seats at this point.
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
7,427 Posts
I have a 16 MK3 Focus ST for a few years now. I use to love the recaro bucket seats, but after quitting smoking and having kids I kind of left myself go and gained some weight (uhhhhhhh), to the point where I’m just not comfortable in the car. Anyone know if there cheap Flat seats or not as aggressive as the recaros I could get used? Would any Ford Focus seats fit? I don’t care for looks I just want to be comfortable. I’m willing to trade my recaro seats with someone who has flat cloth seats at this point.
Thank you!
Well, the St1 package seats are flat cloth, and the bulk of ST1 owners are frothing at the mouth to get some recaros.

You are in a great position.

You can post a "WTT" or want to trade, thread in our classifieds. Please read the marketplaces rules, and follow them accordingly. I do let the minimum post count slide on WTT adds, due to in person interactions instead of mail.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! The base Seats is it a direct replacement? No sensor issues or nothing? Would it be wise to trade with a few bucks on top?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
eBay has options...

I don't know where you're located, but Craigslist is also worth a look

I believe, since you have a 2016, you'll need seats from a 2015+ ST in order to make the wiring work easily. Also. You'll lose heated seats if you go to ST1 seats

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn’t think about that. Do you still lose them in the ST2? If so, are the ST2 more comfortable or same bucket style?
At this point I’ll probably won’t mind losing it

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
I didn’t think about that. Do you still lose them in the ST2? If so, are the ST2 more comfortable or same bucket style?
At this point I’ll probably won’t mind losing it
ST2 seats are the same Recaro; they have cloth inserts instead of full leather.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I’m not trying to be rude, but wouldn’t dropping a few pounds eliminate the seats issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
My take on the ST1 seats is this: Yes, they are more comfortable to daily drive & for long drives, but that two-tone light grey cloth is a nightmare to keep clean. I was looking at 2018 ST’s with under 10k miles & the ST1 seats looked just awful already because no one ever bothered to put a towel down to protect the fabric.

But unfortunately, to get the upgraded infotainment in the ST, then you’re stuck with those high bolstered Recaro’s. They aren’t terrible, but similar to the RS, you either deal with them or look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
You can always have seat heaters added to the cloth seats, even Costco has a service for that. Whether you can get the heaters to work with the factory controls, I dunno. I hemmed and hawed when buying my car as I really wanted the auto climate control more than anything but after so much misery with their products I just could not make myself pay for the Sony stereo (my experience only, I'm sure there's plenty of owners out there who like Sony) that comes with ST2 and 3 so I went ST1. I prefer cloth to leather anyway.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm 5'11" around 170 and find even the ST1 bottom to be tight. It was worse in being combined with the angle of the seat back being too steep so it felt like it was causing blood clots during long drives. I took the seat cover off and carved about half of the foam out of the side bolsters and added about an inch of padding to the butt part of the seat to level the angle a bit and that worked pretty well, though like most cars, it could use to be less stiff (I drive a lot). I never had a problem with the upright part of the seat. I would really like to see if Volvo C30/S40/V50 seats fit as they were platform mates and they were offered in a manual seat, but I read somewhere I can't remember that part of the agreement of Ford buying Volvo was that their seats remained proprietary and they had their own specific rail mounting. I don't know if that's an easy work around or what, but it's too much bother and money for me to try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Trading someone local who has ST1 seats is definitely the way to go. You'll get a flat cloth seat you can easily fit into, and can get some cash on top of the deal. Win Win.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll def trade seats with you, I'm in South Florida though

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Interested too, but down in Louisville KY

·
Registered
181 Posts
as a big guy I can tell you that the 2/3 seats will 'give' in time, but it takes a while. altho I still ended up selling because Mrs would complain any time in the car for much more than an hour . . .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you!
You in miami area i have ST1 seats in my garage if u need. Im looking for a driver side reacaro leather

·
Registered
60 Posts
I’m looking for a rear drivers side ST2 Smoke Storm seat. ST2 partial leather Recaro in the front, I’d buy all rear seats if you’re willing to split front/ rear. Parting em out will get you the money you need for a ST1 Full set.

Or as stated trade with a local with money or other parts on top on their end.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm 5'11" around 170 and find even the ST1 bottom to be tight. It was worse in being combined with the angle of the seat back being too steep so it felt like it was causing blood clots during long drives. I took the seat cover off and carved about half of the foam out of the side bolsters and added about an inch of padding to the butt part of the seat to level the angle a bit and that worked pretty well, though like most cars, it could use to be less stiff (I drive a lot). I never had a problem with the upright part of the seat. I would really like to see if Volvo C30/S40/V50 seats fit as they were platform mates and they were offered in a manual seat, but I read somewhere I can't remember that part of the agreement of Ford buying Volvo was that their seats remained proprietary and they had their own specific rail mounting. I don't know if that's an easy work around or what, but it's too much bother and money for me to try.
Interestingly enough, I'm the same way with about the same height and weight. The ST1 seats really pinch my tailbone after awhile and I honestly think the Recaros would be more comfortable after sitting in them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts