Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Pretty new to the car scene. I have a 2016 FoST with 2k miles on it. So far I have a Roush CAI, and a cobb RMM. I see now that Cobb offers a snorkel, so I was looking into them, and I'm a little bit confused.. there is currently no snorkel in stock focus's correct? It is just an airway that air flows into the intake box? This will just direct more air into the box feeding the intake more pressurized and cleaner air? Also will this work with aftermarket intakes that use the stock air box and the stock MAF?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Hey all,

Pretty new to the car scene. I have a 2016 FoST with 2k miles on it. So far I have a Roush CAI, and a cobb RMM. I see now that Cobb offers a snorkel, so I was looking into them, and I'm a little bit confused.. there is currently no snorkel in stock focus's correct? It is just an airway that air flows into the intake box? This will just direct more air into the box feeding the intake more pressurized and cleaner air? Also will this work with aftermarket intakes that use the stock air box and the stock MAF?

Thanks!
No there is not an OE snorkel and yest it will work with aftermarket intakes that use the OE airbox.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Velossa Tech makes a nice big mouth snorkel for our cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would you recommend doing this before getting an AP? I wont be putting on a tune yet because I dont want to bust the warranty- So the AP right now would pretty much just be for monitoring

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wouldn't get an AP until you're ready to tune, I'd use the money elsewhere since there are other devices that monitor for way less. Then when you are ready to tune in a few years get the AP. I'd use the AP money for a FMIC instead. You can install the FMIC and the snorkel at the same time with the bumper off.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I second Huzzah regarding the AP. I have been using a Bluetooth OBDII reader along with Torque app on my phone. As for the snorkel, running on stock tune, I am not sure how much difference it will make. Happy modding!

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Would you recommend doing this before getting an AP? I wont be putting on a tune yet because I dont want to bust the warranty- So the AP right now would pretty much just be for monitoring
Just be aware you're not going to see much for power gains (if anything) unless you get a tune.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just be aware you're not going to see much for power gains (if anything) unless you get a tune.
Yeah this is pretty much just getting myself set to where I need to be before I get a tune (probably 10K miles) Just want to be sure that everything looks and feels ok before tuning and voiding warranty. So right before tune I'll do full turboback and then throw a tune on to make sure I'm not running rich or lean for too long.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Yeah this is pretty much just getting myself set to where I need to be before I get a tune (probably 10K miles) Just want to be sure that everything looks and feels ok before tuning and voiding warranty. So right before tune I'll do full turboback and then throw a tune on to make sure I'm not running rich or lean for too long.
Just remember to check the warranty thread which is stickied. Putting a tune on the car doesn't void the warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Just remember to check the warranty thread which is stickied. Putting a tune on the car doesn't void the warranty.
:whs: NOTHING straight up voids a warranty. That's an impossible statement when talking about a part alone. You can have warranty work denied if the technician proves that THIS part caused THAT problem, but if it isn't provable or related then it will be covered 9/10 times.

Reactions: XRJoe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok I feel stupid.. Can you link me the sticky thread? I cant find it... Its probably right in front of my face and if it was a snake would have bit me..

·
Registered
7,330 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Yeah this is pretty much just getting myself set to where I need to be before I get a tune (probably 10K miles) Just want to be sure that everything looks and feels ok before tuning and voiding warranty.
I tuned mine at about 1650 miles. Haven't blown anything up...yet. :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would recommend doing the snorkel at the same time as intercooler the bumper takes a long time to remove also I would recommend Velossa it's so cool and you can see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts