Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased these aftermarket headlights on eBay to correct a retrofit gone bad. The ad states that the lights feature the same LED DRL as factory but that's not entirely the case. This is how the lights work:

Light Switch on Auto- No DRL

Light Switch on Off- No DRL

Light Switch on Parking Light- DRL

Light Switch On On- DRL

Door Open- DRL

Remote Start- DRL

So, does anyone know if there is a simple way I can get the DRL to function as OEM which is always on? Would be as simple as tapping the hot wire of the DRL from the OEM harness to the hot wire of the DRL inside the light?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not exactly sure how the headlights work without a wiring diagram in front of me, but if you have a test probe I would test the tire you're tapping into to see if it sends voltage when you unlock/lock the car instead of always being hot because the headlights might have a module inside of them and the harness is always giving power and the rest of the wires are for reference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Because those are the only times they come on when the ignition isn't on. There are wires that are hot at all times and some that are only hot when the ignition is on. If the wire you tap into happens to be hot at all times your drl will never turn off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts