Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right area so admin please move if necessary.

I have a 2014 focus st and i found a local guy parting out a 2015. I was able to get my steering wheel off without any problems but the 2015 wheel seems to be different. does anybody know how to remove the airbag on a 2015 steering wheel to take the wheel off? the screw driver and turn 90 trick does not work as with the 2014. ive searched but couldnt find anything for the 2015 wheel. thank you!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have not done it on my car but almost all newer cars are the same. At least I know my Mustang, newer BMW'S, and newer Lexus' are done this way.

Look on the left and right side of the steering wheel where the stalks are, some models may have two little panels that need to be popped off or there will be two little holes. Once you get access you will look for two tabs(imagine the mechanism like an open safety pin, and each leg of the pin just latches in, you have push in each leg to release it), one on each side, you will have to push in. These allow each side of the airbag to pop out. I like to use a long allen key as it gives you the most surface area to push with. Then once the airbag is out everything has to be disconnected, I recommend having the battery disconnected, just to reduce the chances of any accidents or warning lights coming on if you were to inadvertently turned the key on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bought a 72 hours subscription to for service. It is different than a my 14. instead of sticking in a flat head and twisting to unlock the spring there is a tab and you have to press down on each side

1 - 5 of 5 Posts